You can now walk-in for your COVID-19 booster dose at all PPVs across Malaysia!
Here is what you need to know!
Walk-In Booster Dose Available At All PPVs Across Malaysia!
As the Omicron surge takes hold, the Malaysian government is trying to improve booster dose vaccination rates to reduce its impact.
As of 27 January 2022, only 49.9% of adults in Malaysia (those age 18 years and above) have received their vaccine booster dose. So more people need to get their booster shot before the Omicron variant hits us hard.
When + Where?
From 27 January 2022 onwards, four PPVs (COVID-19 vaccination centres) in the Klang Valley will allow all individuals aged 18 years and above to walk-in for their booster dose vaccinations!
|Mega PPV Location||Walk-In Time
|World Trade Centre Kuala Lumpur
|9 AM until 8 PM|
|Axiata Arena, Bukit Jalil|
|Ideal Convention Centre, Shah Alam|
|Soka Gakkai, Klang||9 AM until 4 PM|
From 29 January 2022 onwards, all PPVs across Malaysia will accept any individual age 18 years and above who want to walk-in for the booster dose.
- Offsite PPV : Walk in during operation hours
- GP (General Practitioner) PPV : Please call the private clinic to find out when is a suitable time, or to arrange for an appointment.
To locate the closest offsite or GP PPV to you, you can use this ProtectHealth search feature.
What Vaccine Is Offered?
The four mega PPVs in the Klang Valley will offer the AstraZeneca vaccine booster dose to all those who walk-in, with the Pfizer vaccine booster dose available for these individuals :
- Pregnant mothers who have an existing appointment
- Individuals who have contraindication for the AstraZeneca vaccine
As for Offsite PPVs and GP PPVs across Malaysia, the type of vaccine will depend on their individual supply for the day.
Walk-In Booster Dose In Any PPV In Malaysia : What To Prepare?
All individuals who walk-in for the booster dose must ensure that they have a proper digital COVID-19 vaccine certificate in MySejahtera before going to the PPV.
Those who do not have a digital COVID-19 vaccine certificate because they do not have a smartphone, can bring their physical vaccination card to the PPV.
Here is the official checklist of what you need to do BEFORE going to get your COVID-19 booster dose at the PPV :
- Get enough sleep
- Eat breakfast or lunch before going to the PPV
- Be in good health, with no symptoms
- Wear suitable and comfortable clothes
- Wear a face mask
- Bring your identity card / document (e.g. passport)
- Bring your vaccination card as proof of completed primary vaccination, if you don’t have MySejahtera
- Make sure you are not required to be under quarantine!
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Malaysia Receives First Batch Of Pfizer Vaccine For Kids!
- New Quarantine Rules For Close Contact / COVID-19 Positive!
- Did Malaysia Health DG Admit Risk of Vaccine Myocarditis?
- New COVID-19 Quarantine Rules For Travellers To Malaysia!
- How To Enable + Disable MySJ Trace In MySejahtera Ver. 5.0