Did you know that COVID-19 vaccine dependents go for their vaccinations by themselves?
You do not need to accompany them for their vaccinations, but there are some things they should be aware about…
COVID-19 Vaccine Dependents : What Are They?
A COVID-19 vaccine dependent is usually someone who does not have a phone, or a MySejahtera account.
To register them for COVID-19 vaccination, you can sign them up as a Vaccine Dependent in MySejahtera.
You can also sign them up as a vaccine dependent even if they already have a MySejahtera account.
Recommended : How To Register Dependents For Vaccine In MySejahtera!
COVID-19 Vaccine Dependents Can Go By Themselves!
In most cases, vaccine dependents are people staying in the same household, so there’s usually no problem in sending them to the vaccination centre when it’s their turn.
However, there are many cases where the vaccine dependent is far away – in a different district or even state.
For example, you can help your elderly parents sign up for their COVID-19 vaccination as a vaccine dependent, even though they are staying in a different state.
The government allows people to travel interstate to help their vaccine dependents get to their vaccination centres. However, that is not always possible.
Vaccine Dependents Can Go By Themselves
Usually, you need to accompany your vaccine dependent to scan the QR codes during their COVID-19 vaccination process.
But if that’s not possible – your vaccine dependents can go for their vaccinations without you!
If they have their own MySejahtera account, their vaccination appointments will be visible, and they can scan the QR codes using their MySejahtera account.
You can maintain them as a vaccine dependent, or remove them – it won’t change their status or appointment, which are tied to their MyKad or passport number.
Vaccine Dependents Don’t Even Need MySejahtera!
In some cases, your vaccine dependents may not have a MySejahtera account, or a smartphone.
Don’t worry – they only need to bring their MyKad or passport to the vaccination centre to authenticate their identity.
Instead of using MySejahtera to scan the QR codes, their COVID-19 vaccinations will be processed manually.
If you maintain them as a vaccine dependent, it will be updated with their COVID-19 vaccination details.
If and when they register for their own MySejahtera account, everything will be shown in their account.
Check List For Your Vaccine Dependents
Before your vaccine dependents go for their vaccinations, please remind them that :
- They must CONTINUE to take their medications, unless advised otherwise by their doctors.
- They should NOT take painkillers BEFORE going for their vaccination.
And here is a check list of what they should do / bring on the day of their COVID-19 vaccination :
- They should wear loose and comfortable clothes.
- They should have a good meal, and drink some water.
- They should check to make sure they do not have a fever, or any other flu-like symptoms.
If they are sick, they should NOT go to the vaccination centre.
- They should bring a smartphone with MySejahtera installed, if possible (not compulsory)
- They must bring some form of identification – MyKad or passport.
- They should bring their medication with them, in case they need to ask the doctor’s advice at the vaccination centre.
- They must wear a face mask, and if possible, wear a face shield.
- They should bring a bottle of water, in case they get thirsty.
- They should bring a pen, and something stiff to write on, to fill in the forms.
Help Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Thank you in advanced! ❤️
- Will Anaesthetic Kill People Vaccinated Against COVID-19?
- Fact Check : COVID-19 Vaccine Advice By Singapore Doctor?
- Fact Check : CDC Advice On Avoiding COVID-19 Infection?
- India Drops Ivermectin, HCQ + Favipiravir As COVID-19 Drugs!
- When + How To Update COVID-19 Status In MySejahtera!
- No Need To Update MySejahtera Daily, Fines Cancelled!
- Malaysia Kicks off Ivermectin Trial For COVID-19 Patients!
- Did New York Times Rank Chinese Vaccines As World Safest?
- MySejahtera : How To Change / Cancel Vaccine Appointment?
- Did Man Die From COVID-19 Contaminated Package?
- MySejahtera : How To Delete / Migrate Vaccine Dependent?
- LDV Syringe : How To Read The Volume Correctly?
- Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine With Other Vaccinations?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clots : What To Look For?
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP