It’s confirmed – teachers will be vaccinated in Phase 2 of the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme!
This is great news for the teachers and their students!
Teachers To Be Vaccinated Against COVID-19 In Phase 2!
More than half a million teachers in public and private schools across Malaysia will be vaccinated in Phase 2 of the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme!
This was confirmed by National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister Khairy Jamaluddin on 19 April 2021.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health is now compiling the names of teachers in public and private schools to be entered into the distribution system, before their appointment dates are given out.
Why Teachers Should Be Vaccinated Against COVID-19 In Phase 2!
The Special Committee on COVID-19 Vaccine Supply (JKJAV) had earlier decided that teachers should be prioritised according to their age and vulnerability, like the rest of the population.
Basically, they would receive no special privilege in obtaining COVID-19 vaccines ahead of anyone else. However, it appears that they realised what a mistake it would have been.
From 1 January until 20 April 2021, the Ministry of Health announced that 4,868 teachers tested positive for COVID-19 in 83 clusters.
- Primary + Secondary Schools : 39 clusters with 1,420 cases
- Tertiary Education Institutes : 19 clusters with 1,870 cases
- Others : 25 clusters with 1,578 cases
Even though schools and teachers are expected to comply with COVID-19 SOP like wearing face masks and maintaining physical distancing, and practicing good hand hygiene, they remain very vulnerable as the statistics above have shown.
Since their students (below 18 years of age) cannot be vaccinated, it is very important that teachers are vaccinated earlier, in Phase 2.
- Gone In 90 Minutes : Tanker Spills 20,000 Litres Of Oil!
- SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Reopens After Multiple COVID-19 Cases
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Rate Only 0.003% For HCW!
- Interstate Travel Limited Even More After COVID-19 Surge!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations Kick Off In Malaysia!
- Vaccinated People More Vulnerable To South African Variant?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- The Shyama Nair Petition To Stop Sinovac Vaccine Use
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 14 April 2021 Edition!
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Which COVID-19 Vaccine Should YOU Choose?
- Chinese Vaccine Efficacy Not High? What Are The Facts?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- Did US Supreme Court Overturn Universal Vaccination?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?