Did 229 people in Taiwan die from unapproved AstraZeneca vaccine doses donated by Japan???
Take a look at the shocking claim, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Claim : 229 In Taiwan Died From Japan-Made AstraZeneca Vaccine!
An unknown website, called TellerReport, claimed that 229 people died from the AstraZeneca vaccine donated by Japan, which has not been approved by the WHO.
It is a very long article, so SKIP to the next section for the facts.
No, 229 In Taiwan Did Not Die From Japan-Made AstraZeneca Vaccine
For those who want a short and sweet answer, this is just another example of Chinese propaganda.
The story was intentionally written to mislead people into thinking that both the Taiwanese and Japanese governments are putting people’s lives at risk.
And here are the FACTS and EVIDENCE that this is just fake news fabricated by China :
Fact #1 : Article Was Originally Posted By China News Service
TellerReport is nothing more than a copy + paste website, that just reposts content from other websites.
This article was originally posted by China News Service on 29 June 2021, and TellerReport posted the English version (using Google Translate) on 30 June 2021.
Fact #2 : China News Service Is Chinese State Media
China News Service (ECNS) is the second largest state-owned news agency in China, after Xinhua News Agency.
Formerly run by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office, ECNS became part of the United Front Work Department of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) in 2018.
That article was therefore written by the Chinese state media.
Fact #3 : WHO Approval Only Necessary For COVAX Facility
Zhuang Renxiang, the spokesperson for the Taiwan Epidemic Prevention Command Center, is correct – WHO approval is not necessary for the use of the AstraZeneca vaccine doses from Japan.
That is because WHO emergency use listing (EUL) is only a prerequisite for the vaccine to be included in the COVAX Facility vaccine supply.
All vaccines, whether they are in the WHO EUL or not, have to be approved SEPARATELY by the health authority of each country.
Fact #4 : Japan Vaccine Doses Not About To Expire
China News Service ended their article with a claim by “some netizens” that the AstraZeneca vaccine doses from Japan were “about to expire“. That is FALSE.
Japanese pharmaceutical companies only started manufacturing their AstraZeneca vaccines in March 2021, and only received final approval from Japan’s Health Ministry on 21 May 2021.
The AstraZeneca vaccines have an official shelf life of 6 months, so even the first batch manufactured in Japan would not expire until September 2021.
Fact #5 : Japan Submitted AstraZeneca Documents To WHO
It is interesting to note that China News Service (ECNS) claimed that the Japanese AstraZeneca factories did not submit their documents as of 16 June 2021.
That is precisely the day that the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) submitted their documents to the WHO, but before the WHO updated their database.
The Japanese Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) later submitted the documents to the WHO on 22 June 2021. You can check the status of their submission (PDF) here.
When ECNS posted the news on 29 June 2021, they would have already known that the Japanese had already submitted their documents.
It seems obvious that ECNS intended to mislead the public.
Fact #6 : WHO EUL For AZ Vaccine From Japan Expected Week Of 5 July 2021
China News Service also did not tell you that the WHO anticipates approving the Japanese-made AstraZeneca vaccine doses in the week of 5 July 2021.
That’s because the only thing they need to verify is that the Japanese factories comply with the necessary quality controls.
You can check the anticipated WHO decision date here.
Fact #7 : 229 People Did Not Die From AstraZeneca Vaccine
The China News Service claimed that “229 people have died after vaccination“, but that is categorically FALSE.
Here are the facts that you need to know (accurate as of 26 June 2021) :
- Taiwan has received and used both AstraZeneca and Moderna vaccines.
- Taiwan vaccinated 1.926 million people (8.04 percent of the population) from 4 June to 26 June 2021.
- The vast majority were senior citizens with chronic illnesses.
- 223 deaths were reported in total
– 108 women and 115 men between 41 and 101 years in age.
– 176 were over the age of 75
- Autopsies performed by the CECC confirmed that they were not linked to the vaccines
– most deaths were related to chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, hypertension, cancer.
– other deaths involved completely unrelated causes like gastric perforation, peritonitis, intestinal obstruction, septic shock, choking on food and cervical fractures
Fact #8 : 200 People Above 75 Die Every Day In Taiwan
Statistically, an average of 200 people over the age of 75 die every day in Taiwan. That works out to 4,600 deaths for the 23 days between 4 June and 26 June.
Therefore, it is very plausible that the deaths had nothing to do with the AstraZeneca vaccine they received.
Please remember that the AstraZeneca vaccine only provides protection against COVID-19. It does not make people immune against other causes of death.
With or without the AstraZeneca vaccine, people will continue to die of other causes.
- Booster Dose Strategy For Shorter AstraZeneca Dose Interval
- Why Delaying AstraZeneca Dose 2 INCREASES Efficacy?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Accept Or Delay 9 Week Dose Interval?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : 9 Week Dose Interval In Malaysia!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clots : What To Look For?
- Malaysia : No AZ-Pfizer Heterologous Vaccination For Now
- Is Ivermectin Prophylaxis Cheap? Here Is What It Really Costs!
- COVID-19 Delta Variant Can Infect In Seconds, But…
- Two Chinese Vaccines Less Effective Against Delta Variant
- Why Delta Variant Causes MORE Breakthrough Infections!
- How Much Can A Website Make From Google AdSense?
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP