There was some confusion over what sports and exercise are allowed during the full lockdown of Malaysia, but the Ministry of Youth and Sports has just clarified the SOP.
Sports + Exercise : Limited During Full Lockdown!
On 30 May 2021, the Malaysia’s Senior Minister for Security Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri Yaacob gave a press conference detailing the total lockdown SOP that will kick in on 1 June 2021.
At that time, he said that individual sports and recreational activities without physical contact in open spaces are allowed, LIMITED to jogging and exercise with physical distancing of 2-3 metres within the neighbourhood.
That led to some confusion – what did he mean by exercise? Does that include cycling, tai-chi, yoga, etc?
Sports + Exercise During Full Lockdown : What’s Allowed?
On 31 May 2021, the Ministry of Youth and Sports clarified the SOP on sports and exercise during the full lockdown, which many Malaysians are calling FMCO (Full MCO).
From what the Ministry of Youth and Sports have mentioned, it looks like cycling, skateboarding, rollerskating, etc are not permitted even if they are done individually.
The KL City Council – DBKL – also announced that all public parks are closed during the total lockdown (FMCO).
In addition, the government also announced that the following sporting activities are FORBIDDEN :
- Centralised training programs, including closed quarantined competitions are not permitted, except using Camp Based Training.
- All sports and recreation premises and facilities.
- International or local championships, competitions, and matches
- Sporting or recreational activities that cross district and state lines.
- Leisure fishing activities
Recommended : Malaysia Total Lockdown SOP : 31 May 2021 Update!
- Malaysia Total Lockdown SOP : 31 May 2021 Update!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Dependents : Can They Go Alone?
- VAERS : How Antivaxxers Use It To Support Their Fake News!
- Did Dr. Joey Avila Die From COVID-19 After Sinovac Dose 2?
- India COVID-19 Cases Plummet Due To Ivermectin + HCQ?
- Malaysia To Undergo TOTAL LOCKDOWN Phase 1!
- Joint Vaccine Appointments : How To Get Them?
- All 12 Million Sinovac Vaccine Doses To Arrive By July 2021!
- 1 Million AstraZeneca Doses Coming, But No More Opt-In!
- LDV Syringe : How To Read The Volume Correctly?
- Failed To Get AstraZeneca 2.0? Check MySejahtera Anyway!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 Appointments Delayed But Will Come!
- Scam Alert : Herbal Visual Tea For Glaucoma / Cataract!
- Fact Check : Did Lim Kok Wing Die From COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Our Immunity Drops After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine With Other Vaccinations?
- Vaccine Underdose : What Should You Watch Out For?
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!