SJKC Puay Chai 2 in Bandar Utama has been allowed to reopen, after multiple students tested positive for COVID-19!
Find out what’s going on, and whether you need to be concerned!
SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Reopens On 22 April 2021!
SJKC Puay Chai 2 just announced that they have been allowed to reopen on Thursday, 22 April 2021.
All classes will return to school, except for Class 2B, which is still under quarantine.
They also announced that all teachers and school staff underwent a PCR test on 15 April 2021, and they all tested NEGATIVE.
The school also asked that parents and guardians please DO NOT SEND their children to school, if :
- colleagues (of parents and guardians) tested positive for COVID-19
- parents and their family are on sick leave
- any member of the family has a cough, fever or flu symptoms
- any member of the family has symptoms
- any member of the family underwent a swab test or is waiting to get one, or waiting for the results
- family members of PUI (Patient Under Investigation) or PUS (Patient Under Surveillance).
SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Closed Over Multiple COVID-19 Cases!
On 7 April 2021, SJKC Puay Chai 2 in Bandar Utama announced that a student in the 2M class tested positive for COVID-19.
On 9 April 2021, they announced that another two students in the 2U and 5B classes also tested positive for COVID—19. They too were infected from outside the school.
On 11 April 2021, another two students (from the same family) tested positive for COVID-19.
All five affected classes were closed, and their students and teachers asked to quarantine at home.
However, on 14 April 2021, the District Health Office ordered that Puay Chai 2 be closed indefinitely.
- the afternoon session on 13 April 2021 is suspended
- the school will be closed from 14 April 2021 onwards
- the district health office will notify the school when they are allowed to reopen.
- online learning and teaching at home (PDPR) will begin on 14 April 2021.
Puay Chai 2 has suffered multiple COVID-19 cases despite sanitising the classes every day. A year ago, they shared these pictures and videos of how they sanitise their classrooms after a positive COVID-19 case.
To be frank, sanitising schools will not prevent COVID-19 cases, as the SARS-CoV-2 virus is transmitted through droplets.
So it is far more important for teachers and students to strictly wear their face masks and maintain good hand hygiene, since physical distancing is impossible.
SJKC Puay Chai 2 : Official Statement On COVID-19 Cases
Here is the official statement by SJKC Puay Chai 2 (in Chinese and Bahasa Malaysia) on their opening after multiple COVID-19 cases.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Rate Only 0.003% For HCW!
- Interstate Travel Limited Even More After COVID-19 Surge!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Couples Can Ask For COVID-19 Vaccination On Same Day!
- Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations Kick Off In Malaysia!
- Vaccinated People More Vulnerable To South African Variant?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Fact Check : Buka Puasa Picnic Allowed In Putrajaya?
- The Shyama Nair Petition To Stop Sinovac Vaccine Use
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 14 April 2021 Edition!
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Which COVID-19 Vaccine Should YOU Choose?
- Chinese Vaccine Efficacy Not High? What Are The Facts?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- China : Was COVID-19 Created In Fort Detrick Bio Lab?
- Did US Supreme Court Overturn Universal Vaccination?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?