Senior citizens in Malaysia will soon be able to walk-in for their COVID-19 vaccine booster dose!
Here is what you need to know!
Walk-In Vaccine Booster Dose Details For Senior Citizens!
On 17 January 2022, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) announced that they will soon allow senior citizens to walk-in for their COVID-19 vaccine booster dose at vaccination centres (PPVs).
Who Qualifies To Walk-In?
Senior citizens who are 60 years or older, who have completed the primary series COVID-19 vaccinations at least 3 months ago, qualify for the booster dose.
They will be allowed to walk-in for their COVID-19 booster dose vaccination at selected PPVs, if they have not received their appointments, or have already missed them.
Mega PPVs : From 19 January 2022 Onwards
On 15 January 2022, KKM started four mega PPVs to speed up booster dose vaccinations in the Klang Valley :
At that time, they stated that these four mega PPVs would strictly vaccinate only people with MySejahtera appointments, and would not allow walk-ins.
That changes on Wednesday, 19 January 2022 when they start allowing senior citizens to walk-in for their booster dose vaccination.
|Mega PPV Location||Walk-In Time
(Every Day Except Public Holidays)
|World Trade Centre Kuala Lumpur
|2 PM until 8 PM|
|Axiata Arena, Bukit Jalil|
|Ideal Convention Centre, Shah Alam|
|Soka Gakkai, Klang||12 PM until 4 PM|
Offsite PPVs : From 24 January 2022 Onwards
From Monday, 24 January 2022 onwards, offsite PPVs in these states will start offering walk-in booster dose vaccination for senior citizens :
- Klang Valley – Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya,
- Negeri Sembilan,
Unfortunately, KKM did not provide a list of participating offsite PPVs. This will be announced later by the ProtectHealth Corporation.
Walk-In Booster Dose For Senior Citizens : What To Prepare?
Here is the official checklist of what you need to do BEFORE going to get your COVID-19 booster dose at a mega PPV or offsite PPV :
- Get enough sleep
- Eat breakfast or lunch before going to the PPV
- Be in good health, with no symptoms
- Wear suitable and comfortable clothes
- Wear a face mask
- Bring your identity card / document (e.g. passport)
- Bring your vaccination card as proof of completed primary vaccination, if you don’t have MySejahtera
- Make sure you are not required to be under quarantine!
- Sinovac Vaccine Is Cheaper, Not Better, So Why Bother?
- Did Bill Gates Call For Withdrawal Of COVID-19 Vaccines?
- Did Shebby Singh Die From COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Dose?
- Vaccinated + Recovered From COVID-19? No Quarantine!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Shelf Life Keep Getting Extended!