Find out how to register for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, and get vaccinated before everyone else!
AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine : How To Register For It!
After undue fears over the AstraZeneca vaccine, the Malaysian government removed it from the mainstream COVID-19 vaccination programme.
The first batch of 268,800 AstraZeneca vaccine doses manufactured by SK Bioscience will instead be made available to volunteers, who qualify for these criteria :
- Aged 18 years and above
- Live in Kuala Lumpur or Selangor
- Have previously registered for COVID-19 vaccination
In addition, registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
You can register for the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine at www.vaksincovid.gov.my starting at 12 PM on 2 May 2021 (Sunday).
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to successfully register for the AstraZeneca vaccine in Malaysia.
- When the AstraZeneca Vaccine Booking page loads, make sure you see a list of PPV (vaccination centres) and dates.
Otherwise, keep refreshing until you see the list of locations and dates, before proceeding to Step 3.
- Key in your IC / passport number, and key it in again to confirm it.
- Key in your phone number, and key it in again to confirm it.
- Select your preferred vaccination centre location and date. You can only choose ONE location and ONE date.
If there are no slots left, you can still register yourself, to be included in the waiting list.
- Tick the I’m not a robot check box.
- Tap the Submit button, and a window will pop up, asking you to verify your details.
- Verify the details in that pop-up window and tap Submit.
- You should now see this congratulatory message.
If you don’t see it, keep submitting your application, or select a different vaccination centre.
Many people have reported that they were unable to register for IDCC, UM and UKM, but succeeded with WTCKL (PWTC).
AstraZeneca Vaccine : Is It Safe To Get?
Many people are worried about the risk of getting blood clots from the AstraZeneca vaccine.
The fact is – the risk is incredibly small – certainly much, MUCH smaller than the risk of developing blood clots with COVID-19, which can be as high as 41% in positive patients, and up to 95% in severe COVID-19 cases.
Blood clots can also develop (through different mechanisms) with smoking and the use of oral contraceptive pills (OCP).
We created this table to better demonstrate the risk to you.
severe COVID-19 cases
|Up to 95%||45,238X|
in COVID-19 cases
|Up to 41%||19,524X|
|Dying from COVID-19 Infection||0.25% to|
|119X to 4762X|
|Thrombosis from OCP|
|Up to 0.46%||219X|
|Thrombosis from Smoking||0.18%||85.7X|
|Thrombosis from OCP|
|Up to 0.01%||4.8X|
So, is it safe to get the AstraZeneca vaccine that’s being offered to people age 18 years and above in Malaysia?
We can only tell you that the risk is exceedingly low. At most, 21 out of 1 million people who receive this vaccine will potentially develop this condition.
Based on the risk-benefit analysis performed by the EMA Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), it is obvious that for a high-incidence country like Malaysia, the benefits far outweigh the risks.
More importantly, that we are aware of this particular side effect, both doctors and vaccine recipients can look out for the symptoms and quickly seek treatment.
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- Ryan’s Autism Journey – Be The Miracle!
- Are Mamak Restaurants Spreading Indian COVID-19 Strain?
- Fact Check : Singapore Doctor’s Advice On COVID Vaccination
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 28 April 2021 Edition!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Now Optional, Could Offer A Shortcut!
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Health Advocates Against Pfizer mRNA Vaccine : A Fact Check
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
- Do Zinc, Vitamin C, Herbs + Spices Help Fight COVID-19?
- On The JAKIM + JPM Petition To Lift COVID-19 Measures!
- Will Our Immunity Drop For 6 Weeks After Vaccination?
- Russian Autopsy Confirmed That COVID-19 Is Not A Virus?
- What Is The Process At The COVID-19 Vaccination Centre?
- Vaccinated People More Vulnerable To South African Variant?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?