Malaysia will include foreigners in Phase 2 of the COVID-19 vaccination programme!
Find out how foreigners will qualify for earlier COVID-19 vaccination under Phase 2!
Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccination : Phase 2 Starting Soon!
National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, just confirmed that foreigners will be included in Phase 2 of the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Malaysia!
As of 4 April 2021, just over 3 million people have been selected for Phase 2 :
- Senior citizens : 1,229,855
- Adults with disability : 115,249
- Adults with co-morbidities : 1,741,935
Those selected for Phase 2 will be allowed to accept or reject their appointment. But once they accept it, they MUST make it for their appointments, as the vaccine cannot be kept for the next day.
They will receive a reminder SMS and as well as calls 3 days and 1 day prior to their appointments.
Phase 2 is scheduled to kick off on 19 April 2021 in these 8 states initially :
The other states will start Phase 2 vaccinations a few days later.
Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccination : Foreigners In Phase 2 Too!
A Japanese lecturer in a local public university, Jun Ishimatsu (石松純) asked the Minister what would his friend – a Japanese senior citizen with co-morbidities – be categorised as.
Khairy replied that Jun’s friend would be part of Phase 2, which covers senior citizens 60 years or older, disabled adults, and vulnerable adults with chronic diseases, like heart disease, obesity, diabetes and hypertension.
This really makes a lot of sense, as the SARS-CoV-2 virus does not distinguish between citizens and foreigners. It will infect one and all alike.
Hence, it makes sense to prioritise everyone based on their vulnerability, and not their citizenship status.
Domestic workers must be registered as a dependent in MySejahtera.
Other foreigners working or living in Malaysia can register using these five methods :
- The MySejahtera app.
- The Vaksin COVID website.
- The telephone hotline : 1800-888-828
- Manually at health clinics, hospitals and private clinics
- House-to-house registration at targeted rural areas for senior citizens.
- Employee Used Fake COVID-19 Test To Skip Work!
- No More Dimsum : Why It Lasted Less Than 5 Years!
- Malaysia Buys 3.5 Million CanSino COVID-19 Vaccine Doses!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 6 April 2021 Edition!
- CanSino COVID-19 Vaccine : What You Need To Know!
- Mount Elizabeth : Doctor’s Severe Vaccine Reaction Is False!
- Did Dr. Ann Tan Get A Stroke From Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Did A Police Officer Die From Second Vaccine Dose?
- Malaysia Approves AstraZeneca Vaccine By SK Bioscience!
- Plandemic 3 To Prove Satan’s Hand In COVID-19 Vaccines!
- Two Doctors Share Their COVID-19 Vaccination Experiences!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 30 March 2021 Edition!
- UK Government Report On Pfizer Vaccine Adverse Reactions?
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did This Doctor Die From Painkiller After COVID Vaccination?
- Malaysia Approves COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Fund!
- Did NYT Rank 4 Chinese Vaccines As Safest In The World?
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccination On MySejahtera!
- Was Pfizer Vaccine Designed To Make COVID-19 Endemic?
- CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?