1.28 million doses of Sinovac CoronaVac vaccine bottled by Pharmaniaga is now ready for distribution!
Here are the latest details…
1.28 Million Sinovac Vaccine Doses Ready For Distribution!
Finally, 73 days after Pharmaniaga received 200 litres of the bulk CoronaVac vaccine from Sinovac, the 1.28 million doses they bottled are ready for distribution!
Each single-use vial was bottled in four batches over five days, under NPRA’s scrutiny at the Pharmaniaga LifeScience factory in Puchong, Selangor.
17 quality control tests were conducted after the bottling process for 14 hours a day, before these vaccine doses were approved.
As of yesterday, a total of 1,284,147 doses – enough for about 642,000 people – are ready to be distributed across Malaysia.
Pharmaniaga said that they have the capacity to bottle up to two million doses per month.
Pharmaniaga Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer!
Sinovac CoronaVac an inactivated virus vaccine made from actual SARS-CoV-2 virus grown in Vero cells, and killed using β-propiolactone.
Once injected into the body, the antigens on the inactivated SARS-CoV-2 virus triggers the body’s immune system.
Pharmaniaga LifeScience imported 200 litres of the CoronaVac bulk vaccine, which arrived on 27 February 2021.
Once bottled, those 200 litres of bulk vaccine should produce over 300,000 CoronaVac doses – enough to vaccinate approximately 150,000 people.
The Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, Khairy Jamaluddin, said that the government is paying Sinovac less for the vaccine because bottling is done by Pharmaniaga.
However, he declined to disclose more information, so it is unknown how much the government is saving, once the costs of Pharmaniaga’s bottling and distribution are included.
Recommended : CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- Sarawak Says No To MCO 3.0, With Some Changes!
- MCO 3.0 U-Turn : Kindergartens, Childcare Can Open Again!
- Sabah Sticks With CMCO, Sarawak May Follow Too!
- Malaysia PM Declares NATIONWIDE MCO 3.0 Lockdown!
- Breaking : AZ Vaccination @ WTC (15-16 May) Rescheduled!
- Vaccine Registration : Must Change Address In MySejahtera?
- Google Site Kit JSON Data Error : How To Fix It?
- Places IDed By HIDE COVID-19 System To Close For 3 Days!
- Malaysia : Travel + Activities Restricted NATIONWIDE!
- KL, Johor, Perak, Terengganu : What Areas Are Under MCO?
- Did Dr. Rajendra Kapila Die From COVID-19 After Vaccination?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- Ryan’s Autism Journey – Be The Miracle!
- Fact Check : Singapore Doctor’s Advice On COVID Vaccination
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?