The death of a 26 year-old man in New Zealand from myocarditis has rattled many people, but does it mean that the Pfizer vaccine is dangerous?
Let’s take a look at the facts, and find out the benefits still outweigh the risks!
NZ Man’s Death Attributed To Pfizer Vaccine Myocarditis
A 26 year-old man in New Zealand recently died from myocarditis, likely due to his COVID-19 vaccination two weeks ago.
The press have been excitedly reporting on this, with antivaxxers eagerly sharing the news while calling for COVID-19 vaccination to cease immediately.
Is his death evidence that the Pfizer vaccine, or COVID-19 vaccination, is dangerous? Let’s find out…
NZ Man’s Death From Pfizer Vaccine Myocarditis Explained!
First, let’s consider the facts of the case.
- The man developed myocarditis from his first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- He did not seek medical advice / treatment for his symptoms.
- He died within two weeks.
Myocarditis Is Known Adverse Event For mRNA Vaccines
Myocarditis is the INFLAMMATION of the heart muscle (myocarditis) or outer lining of the heart (pericarditis), causing chest pain, shortness of breath or feelings of a pounding or fast-beating heart.
It is a known adverse effect of the mRNA vaccines that is associated mostly with young males 30 years and younger.
Myocarditis Is Treatable, But He Did Not Seek Treatment
Vaccine-induced myocarditis is generally mild, and most will respond well to medicine and rest, and recover completely. They can usually return to normal daily activities once their symptoms improve / resolve.
It is unknown why the man did not seek medical help, because he would have developed symptoms like :
- chest pain
- shortness of breath
- heart palpitations / pounding heart
If you received an mRNA vaccine and develop such symptoms, please seek medical attention right away.
Vaccines Reduce Risk Of COVID-19 Myocarditis
The risk of developing myocarditis is about 1 case for every 17,400 doses administered.
That sounds like a relatively high risk, but what you may not realise is that – COVID-19 causes 4X to 6X more cases of myocarditis than vaccines.
A recent study published in Nature Medicine looked at the myocarditis risk of 38.6 million vaccinated people in England, and found that :
- mRNA vaccines only increased risk of myocarditis in people younger than 40.
- the first dose of Pfizer vaccine increased myocarditis risk by 6 out of 1 million people.
- the second dose of Pfizer vaccine increased myocarditis risk by 10 out of 1 million people.
- COVID-19 infection increased myocarditis risk by 40 out of 1 million people.
- COVID-19 infection also increased risk of pericarditis, not seen in any of the 3 vaccines.
In other words, you actually reduce your risk of getting myocarditis by getting vaccinated against COVID-19.
Death From Vaccine-Induced Myocarditis Is Rare
Because vaccine-induced myocarditis is symptomatic, people generally seek medical attention and get treated, so deaths are rare.
In New Zealand, only two deaths have been linked to vaccine-induced myocarditis, including this case involving the 26 year-old man who did not seek treatment.
As of 19 December 2021, New Zealand administered just over 8 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, with 3.8 million people fully-vaccinated.
Even if we include a third possible case involving a 13 year-old boy that is still under investigation, that’s a mortality rate of just 1 out of 2.67 million doses administered, or just 0.0000375%.
You Are More Likely To Die From COVID-19, Than Myocarditis
I should also point out that you are FAR more likely to die from COVID-19, than vaccine-induced myocarditis.
COVID-19 has an average mortality rate of 2.3%. Assuming 3.8 million New Zealanders were not fully-vaccinated, but got infected with COVID-19 instead, approximately 87,400 of them would have died.
In other words, you are 61,333X more likely to die from a COVID-19 infection, than from vaccine-induced myocarditis.
Obviously, the benefits of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine far outweighs the risks of myocarditis.
- Did UK Gov Admit That Vaccines Damage Immune System?
- Pfizer / Sinovac vs. Omicron : What HKU Study Just Revealed!
- Can HUAWEI Phones Get Free Calls + Internet From BeiDou?
- Do mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines Increase Heart Disease Risk?
- Did WHO Advise Against Booster Dose + Mixing Of Vaccines?
- Black Friday Origins : Sale Of Slaves After Thanksgiving?
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP