Malaysia will not adopt heterologous vaccination – the mixing of vaccines – for now.
Here is what you need to know about heterologous vaccination…
Heterologous Vaccination : What Is It?
Heterologous vaccination simply refers to the idea of using two different vaccines to deliver better protection against a disease.
The first vaccine primes the immune system, and the second, different vaccine gives it a potent boost. Hence, it is also known as heterologous prime-boost vaccination.
In the fight against COVID-19, researchers are looking at combining a vector vaccine with an mRNA vaccine. Of great interest is the AstraZeneca-Pfizer combination.
This is becoming of critical importance with the development of highly-infectious variants, like the Delta variant which is partially resistant to vaccines.
Malaysia : No AZ-Pfizer Heterologous Vaccination For Now
With the surge of cases involving the Delta variant, many Malaysians are justly worried about receiving only one dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
After all, the Delta variant has been shown to infect people within mere seconds of a close contact!
However, the National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin said that heterologous vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine is not on the table for now…
On 30 June 2021, he said that the second dose will remain the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Although the expert technical working group has presented JKJAV early real world data on heterologous vaccinations, that is mixing vaccines; we are still studying.
It is still inconclusive for us to make a decision to mix vaccines here in Malaysia. We will continue to study that and once a conclusive decision can be made, then we will announce that.
For now, you will be given the same vaccine as the first dose. If you received AstraZeneca for your first dose, you will receive AstraZeneca for your second dose.
Instead of trying out heterologous vaccinations, the Malaysia government has decided to bring forward the AstraZeneca vaccine dose interval.
Help Support My Work!
If you would like to support my work, you can do so via bank transfer / PayPal / credit card.
Name : Adrian Wong
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Thank you in advanced! ❤️
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Malaysia Will Adopt New Dose Interval
- Malaysia To Get 2 Million Vaccine Doses From US + Japan!
- Is Ivermectin Prophylaxis Cheap? Here Is What It Really Costs!
- Waz Lian – Hotel Sentral Food Bank Mix-Up Explained!
- Did Delta Variant COVID-19 Infect 94 People Buying Durian?
- COVID-19 Delta Variant Can Infect In Seconds, But…
- Two Chinese Vaccines Less Effective Against Delta Variant
- Why Delta Variant Causes MORE Breakthrough Infections!
- FMCO : Restaurants + Eateries Can Open From 6AM To 10PM!
- Malaysia FMCO 3.0 Restrictions Extended Indefinitely!
- Latest Foreign Travel Rules For Malaysian Citizens!
- Did Henry Cavill Help Nephew Prove Superman Is His Uncle?
Go Back To > Health + Science | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, please support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or donating to our fund. Thank you!