MYEG announced that they are offering COVID-19 rapid test kits for just RM 99 (US$24), but the Malaysia Ministry of Health declared those COVID-19 rapid test kits as FAKE!
Find out what happened, and why the MYEG COVID-19 rapid test kits are genuine, but you will need to hold off buying them for now…
MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits
On 17 March 2020, MYEG announced the availability of COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits :
You can now purchase your own home testing kit from us. It is an innovative way to detect the virus through blood samples. You can get the results within 15 minutes, no requirement for samples to be sent to laboratories. This Covid-19 Rapid Test Kit is developed by leading diagnostics company and approved by health authorities in China where it presently widely used.
MYEG is selling each COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits in packs of 10, for RM 990 – which works out to RM 99 per test kit.
Another online retailer is offering the same / similar COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit for just RM 69.90.
They are both not only much cheaper than current COVID-19 lab tests, but claim to be able to return results within 15 minutes.
MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Fake?
The very next day though, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that it was FAKE NEWS :
What’s going on? Despite many people asking KKM (Malaysia Ministry of Health) why they declared it as fake news, since the COVID-19 rapid test kits are really being offered by MYEG, they have not responded.
However, it is possible that they are labelling it as fake news because the COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit has not been approved by the KKM or the IMR (Institute of Medical Research).
This is a developing story, and we will update it when we receive new information!
MYEG Insists COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Genuine
MYEG issued a statement claiming that their COVID-19 rapid test kits are genuine :
MYEG wishes to reiterate that, as announced previously, it is awaiting approval from local authorities for the COVID-19 rapid test kit. It is still pending certification from the Ministry of Health at this point in time.
With the requisite documents including regulatory filings, test reports and compliance certificates in place, the test kits have been cleared by health authorities in China and Europe, where they are already being widely used. Due to the pandemic emergency, most countries accept the Declaration of Conformity, with clinic trial report and all relevant supporting documents.
As such, MYEG is working in parallel to accept pre-orders (which are fully refundable) in order to secure availability from our partner, a Chinese biomedical firm so that we will have sufficient supplies once certification is received. If for any reason this is not received, all pre-orders are fully refundable.
Due to the simplicity of use for the testing kit, MYEG believes that it is an accessible option to increase testing amongst Malaysians to help assist in early detection and further prevent the spread of the virus. It will also help give Malaysians some peace of mind given its relative ease of use.
MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : How Does It Work?
COVID-19 rapid tests cut down time and costs by looking for antibodies to COVID-19 in a blood sample, instead of nasopharyngeal swab (NP) or oropharyngeal swab (OP).
The MYEG COVID-19 rapid test looks for both IgM – the first antibodies our body makes to fight a new infection, and IgG – the most abundant antibodies in the body.
To “fish” for COVID-19 specific IgM and/or IgG antibodies, these rapid test kits use selected parts of the COVID-19 capsule proteins as antigens – bait – which are combined with colloidal gold as a marker.
When you drop a blood sample, COVID-19 antibodies (if present in the blood) will be “attracted” to the “bait” – the COVID-19 capsule proteins in the rapid test.
The antibodies will combine with the antigens, forming a visible, coloured compound which will appear as a red / burgundy line in the test strip.
Recommended : COVID-19 Rapid Tests : What You Need To Know!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :[adrotate group=”2″]
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Thoroughly cook your food, and boil water before drinking
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Gargling Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- The Double-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Symptoms Revealed In JAMA Study!
- COVID-19 : Protect With Surgical Mask + Eyewear!
- H1N1 Pandemic : The Great American Cover-Up Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser vs Soap : Which Should YOU Use?
- Why Snakes Are Not Source Of Wuhan Coronavirus!
- Rasam Antidote For Wuhan | Nipah | SARS Viruses Debunked!
- Yes! Surgical Masks Can Protect Us Against Influenza!
- Wang Guangfa : Wuhan Coronavirus Can Infect Through Eyes!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus : Can Face Masks Help Protect Us?
- How Did Iran Shoot Down UIA Flight PS752 By Mistake?
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- The 2-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- The Viral Soda / Soft Drink Egg Video Hoax Debunked!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Sheryl Crow Bottled Water Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- 16 Girls Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated Into The Swimming Pool?
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Correcting The Record On Andrew Wakefield (Updated)
- The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison Debunked
- Can Bottled Water Cause Cancer?
- Princeton University Warns Of Cancer Risk From Fridge Magnets
- Kinder Joy wax coating causes cancer?
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked
Go Back To > Science | Home
Support Tech ARP!
If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!