MYEG announced that they are offering COVID-19 rapid test kits for just RM 99 (US$24), but the Malaysia Ministry of Health declared those COVID-19 rapid test kits as FAKE!
Find out what happened, and why the MYEG COVID-19 rapid test kits are genuine, but you will need to hold off buying them for now…
MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits
On 17 March 2020, MYEG announced the availability of COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits :
MYEG is selling each COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits in packs of 10, for RM 990 – which works out to RM 99 per test kit.
They are both not only much cheaper than current COVID-19 lab tests, but claim to be able to return results within 15 minutes.
MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Fake?
The very next day though, the Malaysia Ministry of Health announced that it was FAKE NEWS :
What’s going on? Despite many people asking KKM (Malaysia Ministry of Health) why they declared it as fake news, since the COVID-19 rapid test kits are really being offered by MYEG, they have not responded.
However, it is possible that they are labelling it as fake news because the COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit has not been approved by the KKM or the IMR (Institute of Medical Research).
This is a developing story, and we will update it when we receive new information!
MYEG Insists COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Genuine
MYEG issued a statement claiming that their COVID-19 rapid test kits are genuine :
MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : How Does It Work?
COVID-19 rapid tests cut down time and costs by looking for antibodies to COVID-19 in a blood sample, instead of nasopharyngeal swab (NP) or oropharyngeal swab (OP).
The MYEG COVID-19 rapid test looks for both IgM – the first antibodies our body makes to fight a new infection, and IgG – the most abundant antibodies in the body.
To “fish” for COVID-19 specific IgM and/or IgG antibodies, these rapid test kits use selected parts of the COVID-19 capsule proteins as antigens – bait – which are combined with colloidal gold as a marker.
When you drop a blood sample, COVID-19 antibodies (if present in the blood) will be “attracted” to the “bait” – the COVID-19 capsule proteins in the rapid test.
The antibodies will combine with the antigens, forming a visible, coloured compound which will appear as a red / burgundy line in the test strip.
Recommended : COVID-19 Rapid Tests : What You Need To Know!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Thoroughly cook your food, and boil water before drinking
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Gargling Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- The Double-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Symptoms Revealed In JAMA Study!
- COVID-19 : Protect With Surgical Mask + Eyewear!
- H1N1 Pandemic : The Great American Cover-Up Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser vs Soap : Which Should YOU Use?
- Why Snakes Are Not Source Of Wuhan Coronavirus!
- Rasam Antidote For Wuhan | Nipah | SARS Viruses Debunked!
- Yes! Surgical Masks Can Protect Us Against Influenza!
- Wang Guangfa : Wuhan Coronavirus Can Infect Through Eyes!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus : Can Face Masks Help Protect Us?
- How Did Iran Shoot Down UIA Flight PS752 By Mistake?
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- The 2-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- The Viral Soda / Soft Drink Egg Video Hoax Debunked!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Sheryl Crow Bottled Water Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- 16 Girls Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated Into The Swimming Pool?
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Correcting The Record On Andrew Wakefield (Updated)
- The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison Debunked
- Can Bottled Water Cause Cancer?
- Princeton University Warns Of Cancer Risk From Fridge Magnets
- Kinder Joy wax coating causes cancer?
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked