MYEG has clarified with the Malaysia Ministry of Health that their COVID-19 rapid test kits are genuine, and are available for pre-order.
Find out what happened, and why you should still wait until the dust settles…
MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits
On 17 March 2020, MYEG announced the availability of COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits :
MYEG is selling each COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits in packs of 10, for RM 990 – which works out to RM 99 per test kit.
They are both not only much cheaper than current COVID-19 lab tests, but claim to be able to return results within 15 minutes.
MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Genuine
After the Malaysia Ministry of Health called their COVID-19 rapid test kits fake news, MYEG quickly clarified the situation.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health has since removed their claim that these are fake rapid test kits.
Currently, these MYEG COVID-19 rapid test kits are available for pre-order, pending approval and certification by the Ministry of Health.
The same goes for the other COVID-19 rapid test kits available online :
- Nantong Egens 2019-nCoV Rapid Test (Malaysia)
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test (Malaysia)
- ATETION COVID-19 IgM Rapid Test (US)
MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test : How Does It Work?
COVID-19 rapid tests cut down time and costs by looking for antibodies to COVID-19 in a blood sample, instead of nasopharyngeal swab (NP) or oropharyngeal swab (OP).
The MYEG COVID-19 rapid test looks for both IgM – the first antibodies our body makes to fight a new infection, and IgG – the most abundant antibodies in the body.
To “fish” for COVID-19 specific IgM and/or IgG antibodies, these rapid test kits use selected parts of the COVID-19 capsule proteins as antigens – bait – which are combined with colloidal gold as a marker.
When you drop a blood sample, COVID-19 antibodies (if present in the blood) will be “attracted” to the “bait” – the COVID-19 capsule proteins in the rapid test.
The antibodies will combine with the antigens, forming a visible, coloured compound which will appear as a red / burgundy line in the test strip.
Recommended : COVID-19 Rapid Tests : What You Need To Know!
MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Tests : Should You Buy Them?
COVID-19 rapid tests will no doubt be a real game changer – offering a convenient and affordable way for people to get tested.
However, it is critical that they are first tested and certified by health authorities, to ensure that they are reliable and accurate, especially when undertaken by the public who are not trained in taking blood samples.
Even though MYEG is offering the assurance that all-preorders of these test kits are fully refundable, we recommend waiting until they have been certified by the Malaysia Ministry of Health, before you purchase them.
We should also note that many health authorities are recommending against self-testing for COVID-19 at home :
It is also notable that, as of 9 March 2020, China denied that they approved any COVID-19 test kits for use by the public at home :
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :[adrotate group=”2″]
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Thoroughly cook your food, and boil water before drinking
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- COVID-19 Rapid Tests : What You Need To Know!
- MYEG vs KKM : Our COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Real!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Gargling Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- The Double-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Symptoms Revealed In JAMA Study!
- COVID-19 : Protect With Surgical Mask + Eyewear!
- H1N1 Pandemic : The Great American Cover-Up Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser vs Soap : Which Should YOU Use?
- Why Snakes Are Not Source Of Wuhan Coronavirus!
- Rasam Antidote For Wuhan | Nipah | SARS Viruses Debunked!
- Yes! Surgical Masks Can Protect Us Against Influenza!
- Wang Guangfa : Wuhan Coronavirus Can Infect Through Eyes!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus : Can Face Masks Help Protect Us?
- How Did Iran Shoot Down UIA Flight PS752 By Mistake?
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- The 2-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- The Viral Soda / Soft Drink Egg Video Hoax Debunked!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Sheryl Crow Bottled Water Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- 16 Girls Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated Into The Swimming Pool?
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Correcting The Record On Andrew Wakefield (Updated)
- The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison Debunked
- Can Bottled Water Cause Cancer?
- Princeton University Warns Of Cancer Risk From Fridge Magnets
- Kinder Joy wax coating causes cancer?
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked