The first batch of AstraZeneca vaccine ran out in just 3.5 hours, but don’t worry – more are coming, and it will be offered in other states too!
More AstraZeneca Vaccine OTW, Available In Other States Too!
The optional vaccination programme using the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine was an astounding success, with all 268,800 slots taken up in just 3.5 hours!
But if you missed this initial roll-out of the AstraZeneca vaccine, don’t worry.
The National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, announced that Malaysia will receive another ONE MILLION DOSES of the AstraZeneca vaccine thorough COVAX this month, May 2021.
In addition, they will expand the opt-in AstraZeneca vaccination programme to all other states in Malaysia, except Sarawak – which has sadly declined the offer.
They will also ensure that those without Internet access can also sign up.
In the meantime, you can continue to register for the AstraZeneca vaccine, and put yourself in the waiting list.
The earlier you register, the earlier you will get this vaccine, because it is given on a first-come, first-served basis.
This is different from the mainstream COVID-19 vaccination programme, which allocates vaccine based on morbidity and mortality risk.
So this opt-in programme for the AstraZeneca vaccine offers people eager to get vaccinated, a short cut. A way to get vaccinated ahead of the queue.
AstraZeneca Vaccine : Is It Safe To Get?
Many people are worried about the risk of getting blood clots from the AstraZeneca vaccine.
The fact is – the risk is incredibly small – certainly much, MUCH smaller than the risk of developing blood clots with COVID-19, which can be as high as 41% in positive patients, and up to 95% in severe COVID-19 cases.
Blood clots can also develop (through different mechanisms) with smoking and the use of oral contraceptive pills (OCP).
We created this table to better demonstrate the risk to you.
severe COVID-19 cases
|Up to 95%||45,238X|
in COVID-19 cases
|Up to 41%||19,524X|
|Dying from COVID-19 Infection||0.25% to
|119X to 4762X|
|Thrombosis from OCP
|Up to 0.46%||219X|
|Thrombosis from Smoking||0.18%||85.7X|
|Thrombosis from OCP
|Up to 0.01%||4.8X|
So, is it safe to get the AstraZeneca vaccine that’s being offered to people age 18 years and above in Malaysia?
We can only tell you that the risk is exceedingly low. At most, 21 out of 1 million people who receive this vaccine will potentially develop this condition.
Based on the risk-benefit analysis performed by the EMA Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), it is obvious that for a high-incidence country like Malaysia, the benefits far outweigh the risks.
More importantly, that we are aware of this particular side effect, both doctors and vaccine recipients can look out for the symptoms and quickly seek treatment.
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- Ryan’s Autism Journey – Be The Miracle!
- Are Mamak Restaurants Spreading Indian COVID-19 Strain?
- Fact Check : Singapore Doctor’s Advice On COVID Vaccination
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 28 April 2021 Edition!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Now Optional, Could Offer A Shortcut!
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Health Advocates Against Pfizer mRNA Vaccine : A Fact Check
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
- Do Zinc, Vitamin C, Herbs + Spices Help Fight COVID-19?
- On The JAKIM + JPM Petition To Lift COVID-19 Measures!
- Will Our Immunity Drop For 6 Weeks After Vaccination?
- Russian Autopsy Confirmed That COVID-19 Is Not A Virus?
- What Is The Process At The COVID-19 Vaccination Centre?
- Vaccinated People More Vulnerable To South African Variant?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?