The Malaysia Ministry of Health just announced that there is no change in the delivery schedule of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. However, there is no approval yet…
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine : What Is It?
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is an mRNA vaccine called BNT162b2 designed by BioNTech.
It uses messenger RNA technology to teach our cells to create the SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins.
The presence of these spike proteins triggers the body’s immune system, training it to create antibodies that target the actual SARS-CoV-2 virus.
If we actually get infected by SARS-CoV-2 after being vaccinated, those antibodies will immediately attach to the virus particles :
- preventing them from infecting our cells
- cause the virus particles to stick together (agglutinate), making them easier targets
- identifying the virus particles as targets for phagocytic cells to destroy
The immune response to the spike proteins will also train memory cells, so that they can respond to a future COVID-19 infection weeks or months after vaccination.
Recommended : Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
MOH : No Change In Pfizer Vaccine Delivery
On 27 November 2020, Malaysia announced the purchase of 12.8 million doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
They also announced that Malaysia will receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine in four tranches over the whole year :
- Q1 2021 : 1 million doses
- Q2 2021 : 1.7 million doses
- Q3 2021 : 5.8 million doses
- Q4 2021 : 4.3 million doses
But after the Wall Street Journal wrote about a 50% cut in 2020 production of the Pfizer vaccine, there were concerns that we may not even get the vaccine in Q1 2021.
The Malaysia Director General of Health, Tan Sri Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah, clarified on 6 December 2020 that the NPRA (National Pharmacutical Regulatory Agency) has not received any notification of vaccine delivery issues from Pfizer.
He assured the public that KKM is always monitoring developments, and receives advanced notice on the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
Therefore, as far as they are concerned, there has been no change in the delivery schedule.
Recommended : Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine : 2020 Production Cut Explained!
MOH : No Approval Of Pfizer Vaccine Yet
The Malaysia DG Health also announced that the NPRA (National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency) has yet to approve the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for use in Malaysia.
In fact, they have yet to receive any documents from Pfizer for the evaluation of the registration and testing of the BNT162b2 vaccine.
Regardless of what the Pfizer vaccine delivery schedule is like, it must first be evaluated, tested and approved by KKM and the NPRA, before it can be used in Malaysia.
- Dr. Paul Thomas : Antivax Doctor Stripped Of Medical Licence!
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine : 2020 Production Cut Explained!
- Watch : Arecibo Telescope Before & During The Collapse!
- Why Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines Are Not Good Enough
- Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
- Nobel laureate Tasuku Honjo confident US created COVID-19?
- Malaysia Buys 12.8 Million Doses Of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia Government : Available COVID-19 Tests + Charges!
- Is Gadget Radiation Killing Kids Forced To Study At Home?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
- MySejahtera / Logbook : Register Or Get Fined RM1,000!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Correct Way To Wear Face Mask By GG Hospital
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Fact Check : Fridge Magnet Cancer Warning By Princeton Uni!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- DIY Face Shield : An Easy Way To Make / Mass Produce!