Malaysia just approved the Sinovac CoronaVac vaccine for use in adolescents!
Here is what you need to know!
Malaysia Approves Sinovac Vaccine For Use In Adolescents!
On 1 October 2021, the Malaysia Health Ministry (KKM) announced the Drug Control Authority (DCA) has approved the use of the Sinovac CoronaVac vaccine in adolescents 12-17 years in age.
However, the Drug Control Authority recommends that when it comes to adolescents 12 to 17 years old, the Sinovac vaccine should be used for :
- those without co-morbidities,
- those who have severe allergies, or
- those who are unable to take the Pfizer Comirnaty vaccine.
They will only determine if adolescents with co-morbidities are allowed to receive the Sinovac vaccine once there is sufficient data.
Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer!
Sinovac CoronaVac an inactivated virus vaccine made from actual SARS-CoV-2 virus grown in Vero cells, and killed using β-propiolactone.
Developed by Sinovac Life Sciences, CoronaVac is a 2-dose inactivated virus vaccine, where the second dose delivered 14 days after the first.
Once injected into the body, the antigens on the inactivated SARS-CoV-2 virus triggers the body’s immune system.
Unlike the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines, CoronaVac only needs to be refrigerated at 2–8 °C (36–46 °F), which makes it easy to distribute.
On 6 February 2021, China approved the CoronaVac vaccine for general use.
Recommended : CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Why Did Boy Collapse After Getting Pfizer Vaccine In Melaka?
- Pasteur Institute Confirmed Ivermectin Effective vs COVID-19?
- Did 5 Teenagers Die After Receiving COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Fake COVID-19 Warning Attributed To Dr. Leong Hoe Nam
- Is EU Cancelling COVID-19 Vaccination In October 2021?
- Verified : KKM + MySejahtera SMS Messages Are Legit!
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP