The Malaysia Ministry of Health just announced that the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine will arrive on 26 February 2021!
Here is what you need to know about the initial vaccination plan using the Pfizer BNT162b2 vaccine!
Malaysia : Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine To Arrive On 26 February!
Malaysia is scheduled to receive 1 million doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech BNT162b2 vaccine in Q1, 2021.
Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccination Plan In Malaysia
According to the Director General of Health, Tan Sri Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah, the vaccines will be distributed to all states and federal territories over 1-2 weeks, before they are administered.
The first vaccinations using the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine should therefore begin in early March 2021.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health plans to vaccinate frontliners, particularly healthcare workers, in the first phase.
When the vaccination program is opened up to the public, the public will be asked to register via the MySejahtera app.
Pfizer BNT162b2 COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer
The Pfizer BNT162b2 COVID-19 vaccine is an mRNA-based vaccine designed by BioNTech.
Unlike more traditional methods of using dead particles, or attenuated viruses, the mRNA vaccine teaches your cells to create proteins that mimic the SARS-CoV-2 virus, thereby triggering an immune response.
Recommended : Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
The Pfizer vaccine requires extreme refrigeration, which greatly complicates logistics :
- Every Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine thermal shipping box contains between 1,000 and 5,000 doses.
- Every shipping box is packed with specially-formulated dry ice, to last for up to 10 days, or 15 days if kept refilled with dry ice.
- When stored in special ultra-low temperature freezers at -70°C or lower, it will last up to 6 months.
- When stored in standard freezers (commonly used in hospitals) at 2-8°C, it will last up to 5 days.
Hence, vaccination using the Pfizer vaccine is likely to occur only in select government hospitals in major cities.
- Updated SOP for MCO / PKP 2.0 : What You Need To Know!
- MCO 2.0 Updates For Night Markets + Businesses
- Beware Of AirAsia X Scam On WhatsApp!
- GeForce RTX 3080 Mining Rig Inside A BMW i8 Hybrid!
- Hotel Equatorial Penang Closes Its Doors On 31 March 2021
- Malaysia MCO : Eateries + Restaurants Can Open Till 10 PM!
- Malaysia MCO : Nine States + Territories Extended To 4 Feb!
- Whole Malaysia, Except Sarawak, Under MCO Lockdown!
- Seremban + Port Dickson Under MCO On 19 January 2021!
- Kelantan + 3 Sarawak Areas Under MCO On 16 January 2021!
- MCO in Penang : 14 Roadblocks + 2 Road Closures!
- 2021 MCO / CMCO / RMCO : What You Need To Know!
- 2021 MCO : Business Sectors Allowed By MITI
- Iconic Penang Ferry Service To Continue… Temporarily!
- Can Donald Trump Really Blame Iran For Rocket Attack?
- Is WhatsApp Forcing Us To Share Data With Facebook In February 2021?
- Fact Check : Sungai Buloh Hospital Cramped With Patients?
- 2021 MCO / PKP Of 6 States : Not True… For Now
- Is Genting Highlands Closed Over Many COVID-19 Cases?
- Hello? WhatsApp Is Already Sharing Data With Facebook!
- Malaysia : Register For COVID-19 Vaccine Via MySejahtera
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?