The Malaysia Ministry of Health just approved the use of a booster dose of the Pfizer Comirnaty vaccine for adults!
Here is what you need to know!
Malaysia Approves Pfizer COMIRNATY Booster Dose!
On 8 October 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health approved the use of a booster dose of the Pfizer COMIRNATY vaccine for adults 18 years and above, manufactured by :
- Pfizer Manufacturing Belgium NV, Belgium, and
- BioNTech Manufacturing GmbH, Germany
This would make Pfizer-BioNTech COMIRNATY the first COVID-19 vaccine to be approved as a booster dose in Malaysia.
When Will Malaysia Give Pfizer COMIRNATY Booster Dose?
The Pfizer COMIRNATY booster dose will only be given at least 6 months AFTER you receive your second dose.
The booster dose will initially be prioritised for these high-risk groups, followed by the rest of the adult population :
- the elderly with co-morbidity
- people who are immunocompromised
- those caring for the elderly
In addition, it will be offered to those who were earlier vaccinated with other COVID-19 vaccines – a concept known as heterologous vaccination, or colloquially as vaccine mixing.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) aims to start administering the booster dose this month.
Please Support My Work!
Support my work through a bank transfer / PayPal / credit card!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Can Sunlight Sanitise Your Face Mask For Weeks Of Reuse?
- 2 Ways To Get MySejahtera Certificate For Overseas Vaccine!
- Retiree Hospitalised After Taking Ivermectin For Just 2 Days!
- KKM Requirements To Accompany Wife During Delivery!
- Why Dr. Pierre Kory Got COVID-19 Despite Taking Ivermectin!
- Malaysia Approves Sinovac Vaccine For Use In Adolescents!
Go Back To > Health | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!
Please support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or donating to our fund. Thank you!