The Malaysia Ministry of Health just approved the use of a booster dose of the Pfizer Comirnaty vaccine for adults!
Here is what you need to know!
Malaysia Approves Pfizer COMIRNATY Booster Dose!
On 8 October 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health approved the use of a booster dose of the Pfizer COMIRNATY vaccine for adults 18 years and above, manufactured by :
- Pfizer Manufacturing Belgium NV, Belgium, and
- BioNTech Manufacturing GmbH, Germany
This would make Pfizer-BioNTech COMIRNATY the first COVID-19 vaccine to be approved as a booster dose in Malaysia.
When Will Malaysia Give Pfizer COMIRNATY Booster Dose?
The Pfizer COMIRNATY booster dose will only be given at least 6 months AFTER you receive your second dose.
The booster dose will initially be prioritised for these high-risk groups, followed by the rest of the adult population :
- the elderly with co-morbidity
- people who are immunocompromised
- those caring for the elderly
In addition, it will be offered to those who were earlier vaccinated with other COVID-19 vaccines – a concept known as heterologous vaccination, or colloquially as vaccine mixing.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) aims to start administering the booster dose this month.
- Can Sunlight Sanitise Your Face Mask For Weeks Of Reuse?
- 2 Ways To Get MySejahtera Certificate For Overseas Vaccine!
- Retiree Hospitalised After Taking Ivermectin For Just 2 Days!
- KKM Requirements To Accompany Wife During Delivery!
- Why Dr. Pierre Kory Got COVID-19 Despite Taking Ivermectin!
- Malaysia Approves Sinovac Vaccine For Use In Adolescents!