Malaysia just abolished the indoor mask mandate, removing all requirements to wear a face mask, except in specific situations!
Here is what you need to know…
Malaysia Abolishes Indoor Face Mask Mandate!
On 1 May 2022, Malaysia abolished the requirement to wear a face mask outdoors. However, the indoor mask mandate was maintained.
On 7 September 2022, the Malaysia Minister of Health Khairy Jamaluddin announced the abolishment of the indoor mask mandate as well!
This new ruling starts with immediate effect – on Wednesday, 7 September 2022.
Malaysia : Face Mask Not Required Indoors Except…
Wearing Face Mask Indoor Is Mostly Optional
The wearing of face mask indoors will now be optional, but strongly encouraged for:
- public places that are crowded like night markets, stadiums, shopping malls and places of worship.
- individuals with symptoms like fever, cough and flu
- high-risk individuals like senior citizens, people suffering from chronic illness, immunocompromised individuals and pregnant mothers
- individuals conducting any kind of activity with high-risk individuals like senior citizens and children
However, premise owners will be allowed to decide whether customers will be required to wear a face mask to enter their premises.
When Wearing Face Mask Indoor Is Mandatory
There are a few instances in which wearing a face mask is still mandatory indoors:
- individuals who test positive for COVID-19
- individuals using public transportation like bus, train, taxi (including e-hailing rides), airplane, as well as bus and vans transporting school children or workers.
- when in health facilities like hospitals, clinics, care centre, haemodialysis centre, and so on.
The Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) also reminds the public that while the face mask mandate for outdoors was abolished on 1 May 2022, it still encourages people to wear a face mask when:
- in public places that are crowded
- when you have symptoms like fever, cough and flu
- if you are a high-risk individual
- if you are planning to undertake activities with high-risk individuals like senior citizens and children
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Can AstraZeneca Vaccine Give You Monkeypox?!
- Rab Wardell : Cause Of Death Was Not Vaccine SADS!
- Charlbi Dean’s Brother Reveals Her Cause Of Death!
- Was Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz Just Arrested?!
- Did Charlbi Dean Kriek Die From Vaccine SADS?!