Malaysia just announced that you will NO LONGER be required to wear a face mask while you are outdoors!
Here is what you need to know!
Malaysia : Face Mask No Longer Required Outdoors!
On 27 April 2022, the Malaysia Minister of Health Khairy Jamaluddin announced a wide range of COVID-19 liberalisation moves :
- Malaysia : No More COVID-19 Test / Insurance For Travellers!
- MySejahtera Check-In + Physical Distancing Will Be Optional!
- Malaysia : Negative List Business Activities Will Be Allowed!
- Day 4 Test + Release For COVID-19 Positive In Malaysia!
- Malaysia : Unvaccinated Allowed To Enter All Premises!
Starting Sunday, May 1, 2022, all individuals – irrespective of vaccination status – will NO LONGER be required to wear a face mask while outdoors.
That said, the Malaysia Ministry of Health strongly recommends that you continue to wear a face mask outdoors, if possible. It will just be optional, and no longer mandatory.
However, please note that you are still required to wear a face mask whenever you enter an indoor premise (including shopping malls, schools and offices) or public transport (including e-hailing rides).
The government will continue to enforce the face mask mandate for indoor premises and public transport, except for these indoor situations :
- performing heavy exercises (like in a gym)
- alone within a specific space (like in your own office)
- while you are eating or drinking
- while you are giving a speech or presentation
- while you are performing on stage
The Health Minister stressed the importance of wearing the face mask indoors, and on public transport, as ventilation is not as good as outdoors.
Even though it is not mandatory, the Malaysia Ministry of Health strongly recommends that you wear a face mask while in crowded situations outdoors (like at a Ramadan bazaar or a stadium).
They also strongly recommend that you wear a face mask if you are symptomatic, or are about to visit vulnerable individuals like the elderly, or people who are immunocompromised.
- PICKids Vaccine Programme For 5-11 Yo Kids Ends In August!
- No More HSO Quarantine For COVID-19 Close Contact!
- ICJ To Judge Malaysia Over COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Cases?!
- Will COVID-19 Vaccination Void Your Life Insurance Contract?!
- Lianhua Qingwen Finally Tumbles Over Efficacy Concerns!