KKM has conditionally approved the CanSino and Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccines for use in Malaysia!
Find out what this means for the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Malaysia!
Malaysia Approves CanSino + J&J COVID-19 Vaccines!
On 15 June 2021, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) announced that both the CanSino and Johnson & Johnson vaccines against COVID1-9 received conditional approval :
- Convidecia Recombinant Novel Coronavirus Vaccine (Adenovirus Type 5 Vector)
Registrant : Solution Biologics Sdn. Bhd.
Manufacturer : CanSino Biologics Inc, China
- Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine
Registrant : None (under COVAX Facility)
Manufacturer : NA
Interestingly, both of these are single dose vaccines, which should make for easier and faster COVID-19 vaccinations.
CanSino + J&J COVID-19 Vaccines : A Quick Primer
It uses a modified Ad5 virus containing the DNA instructions for the SARS-CoV-2 protein spike, which are then created by your own cells and presented on their surfaces.
These “foreign” protein spikes triggers the body’s immune system, which then makes antigens to target these spikes.
Recommended : CanSino COVID-19 Vaccine : What You Need To Know!
The Johnson & Johnson Janssen COVID-19 vaccine is similar to the CanSino Convidecia vaccine, except it uses a modified Ad26 virus to carry the DNA instructions for the SARS-CoV-2 protein spike.
Once injected, the DNA instructions are used to manufacture the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein, which is presented on the cell surface to trigger our immune system.
The antibodies they create will attack the real SARS-CoV-2 virus, which would prevent or mitigate an infection.
- Will COVID-19 Vaccines Reduce Our Immunity For 6 Weeks?
- MITEC Vaccination Centre : Video + Pictorial Guide!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Dependents Can Go By Themselves!
- Will Anaesthetic Kill People Vaccinated Against COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Statistics Prove That COVID-19 Not Dangerous?
- Is HR 748 (CARES Act) Evidence Of COVID-19 Plandemic?
- Fact Check : COVID-19 Vaccine Advice By Singapore Doctor?
- Fact Check : CDC Advice On Avoiding COVID-19 Infection?
- India Drops Ivermectin, HCQ + Favipiravir As COVID-19 Drugs!
- When + How To Update COVID-19 Status In MySejahtera!
- No Need To Update MySejahtera Daily, Fines Cancelled!
- Google AdSense Reality Check : How Much Do We Make?
- MySejahtera : How To Delete / Migrate Vaccine Dependent?
- LDV Syringe : How To Read The Volume Correctly?
- Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine With Other Vaccinations?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clots : What To Look For?