Should Malaysia stop giving the COVID-19 booster dose to SAVE LIVES?
Take a look at the viral advice, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Claim : Malaysia Must Stop Giving COVID-19 Booster Dose To Save Lives!
This message, in English and Chinese versions, has gone viral on WhatsApp for several days now.
It claims that Malaysia is REQUIRED to immediately stop giving the COVID-19 booster dose to “prevent MILLIONS of deaths from vaccination”.
Shock! Horror! Outrage!
Note : You can just skip to the next section for the facts…
Truth : Malaysia Must KEEP Giving COVID-19 Booster Dose To Save Lives!
This is yet another piece of FAKE NEWS by anti-vaccination supporters, who are trying to scare people into NOT protecting themselves or their families against COVID-19.
Let me show you why they are misleading you with misinformation, and putting everyone’s lives at risk.
Fact #1 : FDA Did NOT Reject Booster Dose Over Myocarditis Risk
I actually wrote an article debunking the Gateway Pundit’s false claims that the FDA rejected the Pfizer booster dose over myocarditis risk.
Here is a short summary of the facts :
- The Gateway Pundit is a well-known fake news website.
- The risk of getting myocarditis is 850X higher with a COVID-19 infection, than with the adult dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
- The FDA advisory panel voted to recommend the booster dose for frontliners, the elderly and people with co-morbidities.
- The FDA advisory panel voted not to recommend the booster dose for younger adults because the original 2 doses were STILL EFFECTIVE against COVID-19.
- The FDA ultimately approved the Pfizer booster dose for adults.
Fact #2 : Sweden, Norway, Finland Did NOT Stop Using Moderna Vaccine
The claim that Sweden, Norway and Finland have completely stopped using the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is FALSE.
- Sweden temporarily suspended the use of the Moderna vaccine for all people under 30, and decide later whether to resume using the Moderna vaccine.
- Sweden is offering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine instead, to replace the Moderna vaccine.
- Norway recommended that people under 18 should be offered the Pfizer vaccine, instead of the Moderna vaccine, even if they already received a first dose of the Moderna vaccine.
- They also recommended that men under the age of 30 should consider taking the Pfizer vaccine, instead of the Moderna vaccine.
- Norway continues to offer the Moderna vaccine to those who want it, even if they are under 18 or males under 30.
- The Norwegian Institute of Public Health which made those recommendations pointed that :
a) “the side effect is rare and the absolute risk is still low”, and that
b) “those who are to be vaccinated in the future can in any case choose the type of vaccine they want, both as the first and second dose”.
- Finland suspended the use of the Moderna vaccine only in men and boys under 30 years old.
- Males under the age of 30 will be offered the Pfizer COMIRNATY vaccine instead.
- Finland continues to offers the Moderna Spikevax vaccine to everyone aged 12 and over, except for males under the age of 30.
Fact #3 : Moderna + Pfizer Vaccines Are mRNA Vaccines
I should point out that both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines use mRNA technology to train our immune system to fight against COVID-19.
The very fact that all three Nordic countries mentioned in the fake news – Sweden, Norway and Finland – opted to switch from the Moderna to the Pfizer vaccine shows that the mRNA technology itself is not the issue.
Fact #4 : Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Does Not Cause Chronic Disease
Like other COVID-19 vaccines, the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine is really just a self-defence class for our immune system.
The vaccine itself does NOT float around in the body or get integrated into our DNA or cells. It teaches our immune system to identify the real SARS-CoV-2 virus, and learn how to make antibodies against it.
Therefore, it does NOT cause the chronic diseases listed in the fake news – paralysis, blindness, silence (what???), cancer, brain damage, non-educational diseases (what???) and Alzheimer’s disease.
In rare cases, it has been shown to cause myocarditis / pericarditis in young men, but that is NOT a chronic disease.
Fact #5 : Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Not Used In Malaysia
Malaysia granted conditional approval for the Moderna Spikevax vaccine on 5 August 2021.
However, as of 23 November 2021, the COVID-19 National Immunisation Programme (PICK) still does NOT use the Moderna Spikevax vaccine.
Therefore, the false claims that the Moderna vaccine is dangerous are completely IRRELEVANT.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Standby List : How To Register?
- Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel Arrested For Vaccine Fraud?
- Pfizer Secretly Added Tromethamine To COVID-19 Vaccine For Kids?
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Expiry Dates Keep Getting Extended!
- Was Bill Gates Arrested For Crimes Against Humanity?
- Was CGTN Caught Faking The Peng Shuai Email?
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP