Malaysia will start introducing a booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine from October 2021 onwards!
Here is what you need to know…
Malaysia : COVID-19 Booster Dose To Start In October 2021!
The Malaysia Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin announced on 19 September that he has asked all vaccine manufacturers to send their booster dose information to the NPRA.
He expects the booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to be approved in a week or two.
Thereafter, he will announce what COVID-19 vaccine will be used, and whether it can “mixed” – a concept known as heterologous vaccination.
Read more : Malaysia : No AZ-Pfizer Heterologous Vaccination For Now
COVID-19 Booster Dose Only For High-Risk Groups
Once approved, the booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is expected to be introduced in early October 2021, after 80% of adults have been vaccinated.
However, this booster dose will be restricted to those in these high-risk groups :
- the elderly with co-morbidity
- people who are immunocompromised
- those caring for the elderly
The decision on making it available for the rest of the population will be taken later.
Please Support My Work!
Support my work through a bank transfer / PayPal / credit card!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Can Sunlight Sanitise Your Face Mask For Weeks Of Reuse?
- Gym + Fitness Studio Can Open In PPN Phase 2 + 3!
- Maxis Fibre Warning : WiFi 6 Router NOT Exactly Free!
- MyTravelPass : Who Needs To Apply + Who Don’t?
- Malaysia To Vaccinate 80% Adolescents By March 2022!
- Steve Jobs’ Last Words : What You Need To Know!
- National Recovery Plan Phase 2 SOP : 9 Sept. 2021 Edition!
Go Back To > Health | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!
Please support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or donating to our fund. Thank you!