Here is an update on the Mac City staff who was infected with COVID-19 in the 1 Utama Shopping Centre!
Find out what happened, and what measures they took to mitigate risks to the public and other workers at 1 Utama!
1 Utama Mac City : COVID-19 Update
On 7 October 2020, 1 Utama Shopping Centre issued an update on the Mac City COVID-19 case :
- Mac City tested all 13 co-workers of their affected employee at their Service Centre, and their test results came back NEGATIVE.
- Even though their retail sales outlet is separate from the service centre, they sent all of their employees there for COVID-19 tests, and they too came back NEGATIVE.
- the Mac City Service Centre has been safely disinfected and sanitised since 4 October, but will remain closed until further notice.
Do note that the Mac City retail sales store in 1 Utama remains open as usual.
1 Utama Mac City Shut Down After COVID-19 Infection!
On 5 October,1 Utama issued a statement confirming that a Mac City staff member tested positive for COVID-19.
However, they stated that this infected Mac City staff member has not returned to the mall since he last clocked out at the end of the day on 30 September 2020.
We would also like to point out that this Mac City staff member was NOT employed at the Mac City retail store (above), but worked at their separate Service Centre nearby (below).
1 Utama Actions After Mac City COVID-19 Infection
In compliance with MOH guidelines, the 1 Utama Shopping Centre immediately performed these mitigation measures :
- Immediate closure and deep cleaning of the Mac City Service Centre. All co-workers of the affected staff member have already been placed under strict quarantine.
- Thorough sanitisation of the entire 1 Utama mall including AHU (Air Handling Unit) rooms, public areas, amenities, lifts, escalators, toilets, baby rooms, back of house facilities and all other heavy touch points. They used environmentally-friendly, hospital-grade sanitisers and disinfectants that can kill 99.9% of bacteria and airborne viruses “in a fraction of a second”.
- Contact tracing of CCTV and QR check-ins of the affected staff.
1 Utama Mac City Infection : Importance Of Contact Tracing
These shopping mall infections reinforces the importance of contact tracing, and the MySejahtera app which logs the movements of its users.
While shopping malls and all other public premises offer physical logbooks, we highly recommend that you use MySejahtera, because it allows for easier and faster contact tracing.
Using MySejahtera also obviates the need to sign a physical logbook, which usually means using a shared pen – an unnecessary risk factor.
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- MySejahtera / Logbook : Register Or Get Fined RM1,000!
- COVID-19 Reality Check : 34.5 Million Infected, 1 Million Dead!
- IMR : D614G Mutation Found In All New COVID-19 Clusters!
- Fact Check : Is China Using Coffee To Cure COVID-19?
- Did A Ringing Phone Cause This Gas Stove Explosion?
- Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : Does It Work?
- Fact Check : Correct Way To Wear Face Mask By GG Hospital
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Fridge Magnet Cancer Warning By Princeton Uni!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- COVID-19 : Release Patients Even If Positive After 14 Days?
- Fact Check : Hand Sanitiser Catches Fire, Burns Woman!
- Higher RON Octane Rating Myth Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Fact Check : Tasuku Honjo Bets Nobel Prize On China Creating COVID-19
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
- Hydroxychloroquine Risk : Death From Cardiac Arrest!
- How Social Contact Spreads COVID-19 + Creates Clusters!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
- China Just Sent Donald Trump These Face Shields!
- DIY Face Shield : An Easy Way To Make / Mass Produce!
- Is COVID-19 An Airborne Virus? Here Are The Facts!
- Can COVID-19 Spread Through Fruits & Vegetables?
- COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts