Did you know you can ask for joint COVID-19 vaccine appointments, so you can vaccinate together with your spouse or dependents?
Find out how to do that, and what are the pros and cons!
You Can Apply For Joint Vaccine Appointments!
Many people have been given different appointment dates from their spouses and dependents.
That’s because the government does not actually know your marriage status, or who is staying with you.
Despite what you may think, the MySejahtera app doesn’t actually snoop on your data, and the government doesn’t have free access to your family life.
So when they launched Phase 2, many families were given different appointment dates. When that happens, you have two options :
- you can choose to go separately, or
- you can ask for COVID-19 vaccination on the same day as your spouse / dependent
How To Apply For Joint Vaccine Appointments!
If you prefer to go for your COVID-19 vaccination on the same day as your spouse or dependent, you can request for joint vaccine appointments.
In addition, two of our readers – Alvin Lee and Danial Meor – both confirmed with JKJAV that you can call them up to arrange for joint appointments as soon as one person receives an appointment.
Option A : JKJAV Hotline
You call the JKJAV hotline 1800-888-828 to make that request.
Option B : MySejahtera Helpdesk
Follow these steps to submit your request through the MySejahtera app :
- Open the MySejahtera app, and tap Close on the Check In page.
- Select the Helpdesk option in the MySejahtera main page.
- Tap Start.
- In the first page, select H. Other queries?
- In the second page, select E. Other Issues.
- In the third page, you will see “Please describe your issue to us”.
Type your request into the text box.
- Once you are done, type Next.
Once the request has been made, JKJAV will respond in 48 hours through MySejahtera and SMS.
if your joint appointment is successful, MySejahtera will be updated with a new appointment date that corresponds with your spouse or dependent.
Alvin alerted me recently that the JKJAV hotline informed him that those who did NOT receive the updated vaccine appointment in MySejahtera should NOT go to the vaccination centre.
You are no longer allowed to wait at vaccination centres to see if they have spare vaccine doses.
Should You Ask For Joint Vaccine Appointments?
Most spouses would definitely prefer to receive their COVID-19 vaccination on the same day, especially if they are senior citizens.
Even if their children are returning home to help them, it would be more convenient to send both parents to the COVID-19 vaccination centre at the same time, than two separate days.
However, some may choose to go separately for these reasons :
- One of them has to take care of their children (who currently cannot be vaccinated) at home.
- They are worried that post-vaccination side effects may prevent them from taking care of each other or their children.
- Work commitments or other scheduling issues.
- Their dependents are in a different state.
- Their dependents have a much earlier vaccination date – senior citizens or vulnerable adults with co-morbidities.
Whatever decisions you make, the most important thing is that you vaccinate yourself as quickly as possible.
The earlier you vaccinate, the earlier you can protect yourself and your family against COVID-19!
Help Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Thank you in advanced! ❤️
- MySejahtera BootstrapMade Controversy Explained!
- All 12 Million Sinovac Vaccine Doses To Arrive By July 2021!
- 1 Million AstraZeneca Doses Coming, But No More Opt-In!
- LDV Syringe : How To Read The Volume Correctly?
- AstraZeneca 2.0 Appointments Delayed But Will Come!
- Scam Alert : Herbal Visual Tea For Glaucoma / Cataract!
- Fact Check : Did Lim Kok Wing Die From COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Our Immunity Drops After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine With Other Vaccinations?
- Vaccine Underdose : What Should You Watch Out For?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Can You Ask For Earlier Second Dose?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clots : What To Look For?
- Fact Check : US Withdraws After Chinese Jamming Attacks?
- Fake COVID-19 Vaccine Injection In Malaysia Debunked!
- Fact Check : New Deadly African COVID-19 Variant?
- Is COVID-19 Spreading Through Gas / Petrol Pumps?
- Ivermectin Can Prevent / Cure COVID-19? Not So Fast!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!