Did Professor Jacob Giris admit on video that the COVID-19 vaccine cannot prevent severe COVID-19 disease?
Take a look at the viral video, and find out what the facts really are!
Video : Prof. Jacob Giris Says COVID-19 Vaccine Cannot Prevent Severe COVID-19!
Antivaxxers have been sharing a video of Professor Jacob Giris (whom they wrongly call Yaakov Jerris) speaking on Israel’s Channel 13 news.
They claim that the video is proof that Professor Giris admitted that the COVID-19 vaccine cannot prevent severe COVID-19 disease.
Here is an example of the kind of comments accompanying the viral video :
Truth : Prof. Jacob Giris Was Quoted Out Of Context
The video is genuine, but what Professor Jacob Giris said in the Channel 13 news interview was taken out of context.
Whether that was intentional or not, I do not know. But I do know now that it was WRONGLY / FALSELY reported as evidence that the COVID-19 vaccine does not work.
The Channel 13 news segment was in Hebrew, which I did not understand. So I roped in a native Hebrew speaker to check it out for me, and this was the opinion :
Let me emphasise this – Professor Giris was telling Channel 13 that the COVID-19 vaccine had “no significance” because most of his patients were elderly, and coming in sick from another disease, with co-morbidities.
Those factors are why they developed severe COVID-19 disease, not the fact that they were fully-vaccinated.
This actually matches what he stated just days earlier (27 February 2022) on the official hospital Facebook page.
- most patients are coming into his hospital for other conditions, and incidentally found to have COVID-19
- the mortality rate is very low
- COVID-19 is often not the cause of death for his patients
- the public should not panic
He posted in Hebrew, which does not translate well using machine translation, so I had to correct some of the grammar to make it readable :
The truth is – antivaxxers are intentionally quoting the video out of context, to falsely suggest that the vaccines do not work.
COVID-19 vaccines have been proven, over and over again, to greatly reduce hospitalisation and death.
For more details, you can read my exhaustive fact check of the false claims about what Professor Jacob Giris told Channel 13.
- Fact Check : Panadol / Tylenol Stays In Our Body For 5 Years!
- What To Do Before, During, After COVID-19 Vaccine For Kids!
- Ivermectin Has Antiviral Effect vs. Omicron + All Other Strains?
- Did German Experts Say Salt Water Gargle Kills COVID-19?
- Did 10 Countries Cancel All COVID-19 Tests + Vaccinations?
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP