Advice on ivermectin dose and protocol by Dr. Amir Farid is circulating on WhatsApp.
Let’s take a look at his advice, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Claim : Ivermectin Dose + Protocol By Dr. Amir Farid
This ivermectin dose and protocol by Dr. Amir Farid has been circulating on WhatsApp, teaching people how to take ivermectin to prevent and cure COVID-19.
It is rather long, so SKIP to the next section for the FACTS.
Fact Check : Ivermectin Dose + Protocol By Dr. Amir Farid?
This advice on ivermectin dose and protocol by Dr. Amir Farid is misleading and dangerous, and here are the FACTS why…
Fact #1 : Ivermectin Not Approved For Human Use In Malaysia
Ivermectin is not approved for human use in Malaysia, only animal use. It is also not approved for use against COVID-19.
However, hospitals can apply for the off-label use of ivermectin, which must be done in a monitored environment.
So it is WRONG for any doctor or medical specialist to advice people to self-medicate with ivermectin, more so using an unapproved protocol.
Fact #2 : Sale Of Illegal Ivermectin Punishable By Fine And/Or Jail
People selling illegal ivermectin in Malaysia are subject to these penalties :
- Individuals : Up to RM25,000 and/or 3 years of prison for the first offence, and up to RM50,000 and/or 5 years of prison for subsequent offences
- Companies : Up to RM50,000 for the first offence, and up to RM100,000 for subsequent offences.
Fact #3 : Ivermectin Should Be Taken Before Food
Dr. Amir Farid doesn’t seem to know that ivermectin should be taken on an empty stomach!
In fact, it’s best not to eat any food for two hours before or after taking ivermectin, for optimal absorption.
Instead, he is advising people to do the opposite. Can you really trust him to know what he’s talking about?
Fact #4 : Ivermectin Dose + Protocol Not FLCCC Compliant
The main group pushing ivermectin is FLCCC, and Dr. Amir Farid has spoken up in favour of the FLCCC.
However, the ivermectin dose + protocol that he is recommending has NOTHING to do with the FLCCC ivermectin protocol.
FLCCC recommends taking ivermectin just once a month to prevent COVID-19. Dr. Amir Farid is asking people to take it once a week.
FLCCC recommends taking ivermectin just twice after getting infected with COVID-19. Dr. Amir Farid is asking people to take one to two tablets for 5-7 days.
Fact #5 : Ivermectin Dose + Protocol NOT Based On Any Study
Medicine doses are calibrated for safety and efficacy though clinical studies.
However, Dr. Amir Farid’s recommended ivermectin dose and protocol does not appear to be based on any study.
It is not even based on the FLCCC ivermectin protocol, which itself isn’t based on any study either.
So it is unknown why Dr. Amir Farid believes his ivermectin dose and protocol works. There is certainly no proof of it working.
Fact #6 : Ivermectin Not Proven To Work Against COVID-19
Ivermectin has been shown to work against COVID-19 in lab (in vitro) studies, but does NOT improve clinical outcomes or prevent transmission.
- June 2021 study in The Lancet : No improvement in symptoms or clinical outcomes with triple-dose ivermectin
- February 2021 study in The Lancet : No difference in transmissibility with double-dose ivermectin.
That is why the WHO and the vast majority of health authorities around the world DO NOT advocate using ivermectin to prevent or treat COVID-19.
Fact #7 : Dr. Amir Farid Raided For Prescribing Ivermectin
On 16 June 2021, Dr. Amir Farid’s clinic was raided for supplying ivermectin to patients, “falsely claiming that it can prevent COVID-19“.
Dr. Amir Farid confirmed the raid by the Malaysia Health Ministry, but declined to provide further details.
Fact #8 : Dr. Amir Farid Made False Claims In MAECC Briefing
Dr. Amir Farid was part of the first MAECC briefing on ivermectin, where he made several false claims :
- Malaysia can recover from the COVID-19 pandemic “in a matter of weeks” if ivermectin is used (false)
- doctors swore the Hippocratic oath and must be compliant with the Nuremberg Code and the Helsinki Declaration (false)
- it is unethical to insist on more clinical trials to investigate the efficacy of ivermectin (false)
Fact #9 : People Have Overdosed On Ivermectin
Self-medicating with ivermectin can lead to overdosing because the tablets available in most countries, including Malaysia, are formulated for animal use.
In February 2021, the Missouri Poison Center even issued a warning :
Fact #10 : Not Safe To Buy Ivermectin Online
Due to the hype in ivermectin, scammers are pushing online sales of ivermectin at ridiculous prices, like the Scam Alert : Ziverdo Kit To Treat COVID-19!.
A single strip usually costs just US$0.30 (RM1.20), but is being sold for anywhere between US$9 to US$25 (RM35 to RM100).
Even worse – there is no way to know if you are actually purchasing ivermectin, or fake tablets labelled as ivermectin.
Those who purchase and consume ivermectin are putting themselves at risk.
So please advise your family and friends NOT to purchase ivermectin. They should instead protect themselves from COVID-19 by getting vaccinated!
- Should You Accept Prefilled Vaccine Syringes?
- Did US Supreme Court Overturn Universal Vaccination?
- Fact Check : COVID-19 Vaccination ID Card For Malaysia!
- You Can Now Record Video Of Your COVID-19 Vaccination!
- China To Offer mRNA Booster Dose For Sinovac + Sinopharm!
- Malaysian Vaccination Certificate Rejected By Hong Kong?
- COVID-19 Vaccination For Children Postponed For Now!
- Petrol Station Covidiot Livestreams His Crime + Arrest!
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP