Did thousands of Israelis get infected with COVID-19 after receiving the Pfizer vaccine?
Find out what’s going on, and what the facts really are!
OMG : Thousands Of Israelis Got COVID-19 After Receiving Pfizer Vaccine!
Global Times from China, and RT from Russia have been particularly strident in their headlines :
GTCN : Recipients testing positive in Israel sparks concern over Pfizer vaccine efficacy
RT : Thousands of Israelis test POSITIVE for Covid-19 despite receiving Pfizer/BioNTech jab
While their actual report were tempered with facts and expert opinion, most people who share their news did not appear to have read them.
Instead, they were sharing the HEADLINES as evidence that the Pfizer BNT162b2 vaccine does not work.
Why Thousands Of Vaccinated Israelis Got COVID-19 Anyway
Let us share with you WHY it was no surprise that thousands of Israelis to get COVID-19, even after they received the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
Fact #1 : There Was No Concern About Pfizer Vaccine Efficacy
There wasn’t actually any concern about the Pfizer BNT162b2 vaccine’s efficacy, when administered as it was meant to be.
Dr. Gili Regev-Yochay, director of the Infectious Disease Epidemiology Unit at the Sheba Medical Center outside Tel Aviv, said that, “the vaccine works wonderfully“.
A serological study by his hospital showed that 98% of vaccinated hospital workers developed a high level of antibodies after receiving their second dose of the vaccine.
A week after receiving the second dose, their antibodies jumped 6X to 20X higher than after their first shot.
Fact #2 : 99.44% Of Those Infected Received Only 1 Dose
While the headlines scream that over 12,400 Israelis were infected with COVID-19 after being vaccinated, the truth is 99.44% of them only received a single dose.
Fact #3 : Only 69 People Who Received Second Dose Were Infected
The Israelis tested 189,000 people after they were vaccinated, but did not mention how many received their second dose.
Only 69 who received their second dose developed COVID-19, and notably they were tested in the fourth week, which means they only just received their second dose.
Fact #4 : The Numbers Actually Show Immunity Building Up
If you tabulate the numbers provided by the Israelis, they actually show how immunity against COVID-19 builds up over time.
They show that immunity from the vaccine is low in the first two weeks, but builds up substantially in the third and fourth week.
|After Vaccination||Single Dose||Two Doses|
|Week 1||5,348 cases||–|
|Week 2||5,585 cases||–|
|Week 3||1,410 cases||–|
|Week 4||84 cases||69 cases|
Fact #5 : It Takes Time To Build Immunity
The mRNA vaccine doesn’t work immediately. It takes time for your body to react to the proteins it creates, and build up some immunity.
As the table above shows, it takes about two weeks after the first dose before you get some protection. This matches Pfizer’s warning that their vaccine will only offer some protection 12 days after the first dose.
It is therefore not surprising if some people continue to get infected after receiving their first dose.
Fact #6 : Two Doses Are Required For 95% Protection
The Pfizer-BioNTech BNT162b2 vaccine requires TWO (2) doses to achieve its 95% efficacy.
- first dose : 52% efficacy (after at least 12 days)
- second dose : 95% efficacy (after about a week)
No one should be surprised that people remain vulnerable after receiving their first dose of the vaccine.
Recommended : Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
Fact #7 : Pfizer Never Said Single Dose Would Deliver 89% Efficacy
You may have seen claims that according to Pfizer, a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine will deliver 89% efficacy between Day 15 and Day 21.
Neither Pfizer nor BioNTech ever made such a claim.
That was actually a controversial estimate by the UK Vaccine Committee (JCVI), which decided to calculate the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine differently – ignoring the number of infections in the first 2 weeks.
Fact #8 : US FDA + Pfizer Insist On Two Doses
Pfizer has consistently insisted that their BNT162b2 vaccine be administered as a two-dose regimen.
On 4 January 2021, the US FDA even issued a statement that there is not enough data to support administering a single dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
It would therefore be highly irresponsible for any health authority to only administer a single dose, without sufficient data showing that it would be efficacious.
Fact #9 : Israeli Results Show 93.4% Effectiveness
While some of the media suggest doubt over the Pfizer vaccine’s efficacy, the Israeli results actually show that it is as effective as the Phase 3 trial results show.
The Israelis vaccinated two million of their citizens, and tested 189,000 of them – a mix of people with one dose, and two doses.
It was from that 189,000 cases that they detected 12,427 people with COVID-19. That makes the Pfizer vaccine about 93.4% effective, even though many of those tested did not receive their second dose!
- Focus On Fauci : These Vaccine Lies Can Get You KILLED!
- 23 Post-Vaccination Deaths In Norway : The Facts + The BS!
- Can Inhaling Steam + Supplements Prevent COVID-19?
- Seremban + Port Dickson Under MCO On 19 January 2021!
- Kelantan + 3 Sarawak Areas Under MCO On 16 January 2021!
- 2021 Travel SOP For MCO / CMCO Areas In Malaysia!
- New SOP for MCO / PKP 2.0 : What You Need To Know!
- Can This Corona Kashayam Recipe Prevent COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Can Betadine + Listerine Prevent COVID-19?
- Malaysia Approves Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia Buys 25 Million Pfizer BNT162b2 Vaccine Doses!
- 2021 MCO / CMCO / RMCO : What You Need To Know!
- Is WhatsApp Forcing Us To Share Data With Facebook In February 2021?
- Fact Check : Sungai Buloh Hospital Cramped With Patients?
- 2021 MCO / PKP Of 6 States : Not True… For Now
- Is Genting Highlands Closed Over Many COVID-19 Cases?
- Hello? WhatsApp Is Already Sharing Data With Facebook!
- Malaysia : Register For COVID-19 Vaccine Via MySejahtera
- Shopping Malls With COVID-19 Cases : Misleading!
- Antivaxxers Keep Creating Fake Tiffany Dover Death Claims!
- Did Alabama Nurse, Tiffany Dover, Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Will COVID-19 Turn Breastmilk Yellow With Antibodies?
- Did This Nurse Faint After Getting Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Is First Woman To Get COVID-19 Vaccine In Critical Condition?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Medicine | Fact Checks | Home