Malaysia will now allow a fully-vaccinated husband to accompany his wife during delivery in all KKM hospitals!
Here are the official requirements!
Updated @ 2021-10-04 : Added official list of requirements by KKM.
Originally posted @ 2021-09-28
Vaccinated Husband Can Accompany Wife During Delivery!
Ever since the Movement Control Order (MCO) was initiated in March of 2020, government hospitals stopped allowing husbands to accompany their wives in the labour rooms.
On 28 September 2021, Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin responded to a request by a husband to be allowed to accompany his wife since he is already fully vaccinated.
He requested that the Director of Health Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah allow any fully-vaccinated husband to accompany his wife in the labour room, if he is fully-vaccinated, and undergo a COVID-19 test, with a negative test result.
The test is necessary even if the husband is fully-vaccinated is because he may still be infected with COVID-19, even if he is completely asymptomatic.
Requirements To Accompany Wife During Delivery!
On 30 September 2021, Dr. Noor Hisham Abdullah announced that the husband or a close family member can accompany the wife during her delivery at all public hospitals under KKM.
This initiative kicks off today – on 4 October 2021. However, the husband or close relative must comply with these requirements :
- Be fully-vaccinated according to this definition :
– More than 14 days after receiving both doses of the Pfizer, AstraZeneca or Sinovac vaccine.
– More than 28 days after receiving a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson or Cansino vaccine.
- Undergo a COVID-19 screening test – either RT-PCR or RTK-Ag – at any health facility or private lab within 72 hours.
– After testing, the husband / close relative must restrict their movements to avoid infection.
– The test result must be brought to the hospital, before the husband / close relative can accompany the mother in the Delivery Ward.
- Alternatively, the husband / close relative purchase a COVID-19 Self Test Kit approved by the Medical Devices Authority (MDA) and bring it to the hospital.
– The husband / close relative will then use the COVID-19 Self Test Kit at the hospital screening area, while being observed and verified by the attending healthcare worker.
The husband and close relatives of the expectant mother are advised to strictly follow COVID-19 precautions, as pregnant mothers are a high-risk group.
Please Support My Work!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- Fake COVID-19 Warning Attributed To Dr. Leong Hoe Nam
- Is EU Cancelling COVID-19 Vaccination In October 2021?
- National Recovery Plan Phase 2 SOP : 24 Sept. 2021 Edition!
- Foreign Workers To Pay For Vaccination In Klang Valley!
- National Recovery Plan Changes On 22 September 2021!
- Kindergarten + Childcare Can Now Open In Phase 1 + 2!
- Did America Hide Logo Of New Chinese Cranes With US Flag?
- Gym + Fitness Studio Can Open In PPN Phase 2 + 3!
- Maxis Fibre Warning : WiFi 6 Router NOT Exactly Free!
Go Back To > Healthcare | Tech ARP