The first dose of the free PICKids vaccine programme for 5-11 year old kids has been extended to 31 May 2022!
Here is what you need to know…
Free COVID Vaccine For 5-11 Yo Kids Extended To 31 May 2022!
On 13 April 2022, the Malaysia Ministry of Health (KKM) announced that they will stop offering the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine under the PICKids programme after 15 May 2022.
Then on 25 April 2022, they announced that they would also stop offering the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine for the PICKids programme after 15 August 2022.
Finally, on 12 May 2022, they announced that they will extend the first dose of the free COVID-19 vaccine to 31 May 2022.
From 31 May 2022 onwards, the PICKids programme will no longer offer the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to 5-11 year old kids.
From 16 August 2022 onwards, the PICKids programme will no longer offer the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to 5-11 year old kids.
- the Pfizer COMIRNATY vaccine will no longer be offered at both public and private health facilities across Malaysia.
- the Sinovac CoronaVac vaccine will only be offered as a paid vaccination option in private health facilities.
While you may still pay for the Sinovac vaccine for your child, it is a far inferior vaccine to the free Pfizer vaccine.
Read more : What you need to know about the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for kids!
Read more : Pfizer vs. Sinovac Vaccine – Which Is Better For Your Child?
Since MySejahtera stopped accepting registration for the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine for 5-11 year old kids on 8 May 2022, here is what you need to know :
- Parents who registered and made appointments on or before 8 May 2022, for vaccination dates on or before 31 May 2022, can continue with their existing appointments.
- Parents who registered and made appointments on or before 8 May 2022, for vaccination dates after before 31 May 2022, will have their appointments cancelled automatically.
- Parents who try to register on MySejahtera after 8 May 2022, will not be given any appointment.
Therefore, parents who have not registered, or are in the second or third category above, should walk into any KKM health clinic for their free COVID-19 vaccine, anytime from now until 31 May 2022.
There are only two exceptions to this 31 May 2022 deadline :
Children Infected With COVID-19
The first exception to this deadline are 5-11 year old kids who have to cancel their appointments (before 31 May 2022) due to a COVID-19 infection.
Their parents are advised to bring these kids to any government health clinic within 6 weeks after recovering from COVID-19, or by 30 August 2022 at the very latest.
Children Turning 5 After 31 May 2022
The second exception are for children who turn five years old on or after 31 May 2022.
Their parents can register and book their vaccine appointments for the first dose of the free COVID-19 vaccine until 15 January 2023.
These children must receive their first COVID-19 vaccine dose by 31 January 2023. Thereafter, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine will no longer be offered for free, and must be obtained as a paid vaccine at private health facilities.
So parents, please HURRY and get your children vaccinated for FREE!
Read more : How To Register Children For Vaccine In MySejahtera!
Why Is PICKids Ending Free COVID-19 Vaccine For 5-11 Yo Kids?
As of 12 April 2022, only 38.6% of eligible children have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
This extremely low uptake will result in wastage, as the paediatric Pfizer vaccine has a 6-month shelf life.
As the Pfizer vaccine for 5-11 year-old kids have a lower dose, it cannot be used for older children.
Therefore, to avoid waste, the COVID-19 Immunisation Task Force (CITF-C) decided to stop giving the COVID-19 vaccine under the PICKids programme.
CITF-C also amended the vaccination consent form for children (below 18 years of age), removing this clause :
2. I am responsible for the risks that may occur to children as a result of my decision/action because the benefits of the vaccine far outweigh the side effect.
The clause was dropped to avoid confusion, and to convey the existing practice in which the Ministry of Health has never neglected, and is always ready to offer the necessary medical assistance if there are side effects from the vaccination.
I highly recommend that you bring your children to any government health clinic for their COVID-19 vaccination ASAP!
Please don’t waste this opportunity to protect them against COVID-19 for FREE!
Please Support My Work!
Support my work through a bank transfer / PayPal / credit card!
Name : Adrian Wong
Bank Transfer : CIMB 7064555917 (Swift Code : CIBBMYKL)
Credit Card / Paypal : https://paypal.me/techarp
Dr. Adrian Wong has been writing about tech and science since 1997, even publishing a book with Prentice Hall called Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier (ISBN 978-0131455368) while in medical school.
He continues to devote countless hours every day writing about tech, medicine and science, in his pursuit of facts in a post-truth world.
- EU Air Travel : Face Mask + Physical Distancing Not Required!
- Was Pfizer VP Rady Johnson Arrested For Vaccine Fraud?!
- Does US Have Biological Warfare Labs In South Korea?!
- Did Italian Court Rule Vaccine Mandate As Unconstitutional?!
- Did MIT Study Prove Pfizer Vaccine Raised Heart Problems?!
Go Back To > Health | Tech ARP
Support Tech ARP!
Please support us by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or donating to our fund. Thank you!