Did doctors fake COVID-19 vaccination on TV by switching the syringe or needle, so that politicians and dignitaries are not harmed by the dangerous vaccine?
Find out what’s going on, and what the FACTS really are!
Claim : Fake COVID Vaccination With Syringe / Needle Switch?
Right after the historic first COVID-19 vaccination in Malaysia, conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers immediately pounced on the video as evidence of fraud.
They are claiming that the Prime Minister of Malaysia did not actually get injected with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, and it was all just a show.
Their evidence? Screenshots showing that the nurse used a syringe with a blue needle to extract the vaccine, but the Prime Minister was injected with a syringe with an orange needle!
Suara Rakyat even posted about this, with helpful infographics, asking (with our English translation) :
Many people have expressed their confusion and curiosity to us, asking :
- Is it true they switched the needle or syringe?
- Why did they switch the syringe or needle?
- What’s the difference between the two colours?
- Was it just a show? A fake vaccination?
Let’s check out what the facts really are!
They Did NOT Fake COVID Vaccination With Needle / Syringe Switch
First, let us clearly state that there is no evidence they faked the COVID-19 vaccination with a needle or syringe switch.
Here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : It Is SOP To Switch Needles
It is standard operating procedure to switch needles during ANY vaccination.
A needle is used to draw the vaccine from the vial, and it is replaced with a different needle before the vaccine is injected.
Why? For a couple of reasons :
- a larger bore needle can be used to better draw the vaccine from the vial
- a smaller bore needle can be used to inject the vaccine with less pain
- the first needle will be blunted when inserted into the vial, and will have residue on the tip
- using a fresh needle to administer the vaccine ensures that the tip is sharp and residue-free, for less pain
The process was the same for the Prime Minister, as it was for the Director-General of Health and the other four people, who were the first to be vaccinated in Malaysia.
Fact #2 : A Fake Vaccination Would Not Require A Switch
If they wanted to fake the vaccination for show, they would not bother to switch the needles.
After all, the vial does not even need to contain the vaccine, just saline. It would have made for more compelling TV.
The very fact that they followed SOP to switch needles before administering the vaccine shows that this really isn’t a fake vaccination.
Fact #3 : Orange Is ISO Code For 25 Gauge Hypodermic Needle
Orange (or amber) is the ISO colour code for the 25 gauge hypodermic needle, while Blue is the ISO colour code for the 23 gauge hypodermic needle.
So the nurse was merely following the correct SOP of drawing the vaccine using the larger bore 23 G blue needle, and replacing it with the smaller bore 25 G orange needle to inject into the Prime Minister’s arm.
The colour code chart shared by Suara Rakyat is not of the ISO standard. It could be something manufacturers used prior to IOS standardisation, or for non-sterile / non-medical needles.
Fact #4 : 15 Gauge Needle Not Used For Intramuscular Injection
This is a picture of a 15 gauge arteriovenous fistula needle. Can you see just how large it is?
Not only does it look conspicuously much larger than the needle going into the Prime Minister’s arm, you can tell that it would have been a painful experience!
That’s why 15 gauge needles are NOT used for intramuscular injections. In fact, the most common needle used for intramuscular injections is the orange 25 gauge needle.
Such large bore needles are only used for dialysis or IV transfusions, to allow for high flow rates.
Fact #5 : Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Is Safe
The only reason to fake this vaccination is if the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is unsafe.
The REALITY is that, as of 25 February 2021, more than 218 million doses of this Comirnaty vaccine (codenamed BNT162b2) had been administered across 99 countries.
And it has been proven safe with inconsequential side effects for the vast majority of people.
So there is simply no reason for anyone to fake a vaccination with this particular COVID-19 vaccine.
- Historic : First COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccination On MySejahtera!
- Did Spain Halt Pfizer Vaccination After Nursing Home Deaths?
- Fact Check: Shocking UK Report On COVID Vaccine Injuries?
- Malaysia : 5 Ways To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 22 February 2021 Edition
- Pfizer Vaccine Arrives Early, Vaccination Starts 24 February!
- MCO U-Turn : 2 Persons Per Table / Car Limit Lifted!
- USS Al Gore Global Warming Research Vessel Frozen In Ice?
- Malaysia : 5 Ways To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia Will Follow Pfizer Two-Dose Vaccine Schedule!
- Malaysia : FREE COVID-19 Vaccine For All Foreign Residents!
- MCO 2.0 Changes : Fishing + More Sports, Gym Allowed!
- MySejahtera Now Mandatory : RM1K Fine Otherwise!
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Can Ivermectin Really Cure Or Prevent COVID-19?
- Keep Your iPhone + MagSafe Away From Medical Devices!
- Why Thousands Of Vaccinated Israelis Got COVID-19 Anyway
- Can Inhaling Steam + Supplements Prevent COVID-19?
- Can This Corona Kashayam Recipe Prevent COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Can Betadine + Listerine Prevent COVID-19?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Healthcare | Fact Checks | Home