Elbow pit slapping has been recommended for treating and preventing heart attack for many years now, but does it really work?
Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : What Is It?
The elbow pit slapping method is based on traditional Chinese medicine belief that there are three acupressure (meridian) points around the left arm, that affects the heart and lungs.
The idea is that slapping the left elbow pit, until it turns red, will restore qi (energy) and blood circulation to the heart and lungs.
It also claims that slapping the left elbow pit on a daily basis can prevent heart disease, and reduce the risk of a heart attack.
Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : The Evidence?
This video is being shared as evidence that the elbow pit slapping method really works in reviving patients suffering from a heart attack.
It showed a man who apparently had a heart attack while watching a movie in a cinema. A Chinese sinseh (traditional doctor) then revived him by slapping his elbow pit for 2 minutes.
It is often accompanied by a story, which varies a fair bit. But in our example, the incident happened in Singapore :
Elbow Pit Slapping For Heart Attack : The Truth
Fact #1 : Slapping The Elbow Pit Does Not Help Treat / Prevent Heart Attack
The truth is slapping the elbow pit will not revive someone with a heart attack. Neither can slapping your elbow pit on a daily basis help prevent heart disease, or a heart attack.
There is simply no scientific basis, never mind fact, behind such claims.
Traditional Chinese medical practitioners can claim whatever they like, but until they prove that it works, it is simply DANGEROUS to teach people to do this.
If you encounter someone suffering from a heart attack, you should quickly call for an ambulance, and perform CPR!
Do NOT play TCM doctor! You could well cost someone his/her life!
Fact #2 : It Has Been Debunked By Taiwanese Doctors
In the debunking video above, a segment from Formosa TV English News, showed that the Taiwanese Ministry of Health and Welfare asked doctors to publicly debunk this elbow pit slapping method.
They pointed out that believing such fake stories could result in poor outcomes for the victims, because proper treatment would likely be delayed.
Fact #3 : It Does Not Appear To Have Happened In Singapore
The incident in the viral video very likely did not happen in Singapore.
A careful listening of the voices will reveal that they are speaking Mandarin, with a Chinese accent. So it most likely happened in China.
Fact #4 : It Does Not Look Like They Were Watching A Movie
A careful examination of the video will show that while they appear to be in a mini theatre, they don’t appear to be watching a movie.
A purple podium with Chinese characters can be seen on the left side of the screen, and the staff appears to be wearing purple uniforms – one is even wearing an orange sash.
It is possible that this may be some kind of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) seminar being held in a cinema.
Fact #5 : The Man Doesn’t Look Like He Had A Heart Attack
The man did not appear to be suffering from a heart attack. Instead of clutching his chest in pain, and breaking out in cold sweat, he was just unconscious.
And when they revived him, he appeared disorientated, shook his head and got up several times. He also appeared to be breathing normally.
- Fact Check : Meng Wanzhou Released By Canadian Court?
- Fact Check : Chinese Robot Dancer @ Shanghai Disneyland!
- Kashi Mining Company : Fake Procurement Scam Alert!
- Fact Check: Somaliland Reps Wear Koteka To Taiwan Meeting!
- Fact Check : Correct Way To Wear Face Mask By GG Hospital
- Fact Check : Does The LPG Gas Tank Pressure Test Work?
- Fact Check : New Malaysia Face Mask SOP For Driving + Eating Out?
- Fact Check : Petronas Petrol Stations Cheat At The Pump?
- Fact Check : China Threatens West With Waterloo In SCS?
- Fact Check : Wear Face Mask In Car Or Get FINED RM1,000?
- Mark Zuckerberg Fact Check : My Wife China And Not Pretty
- Fact Check : US Navy Withdraws After Chinese Jamming?
- Fact Check : Wear A Face Mask In Car Or Get FINED RM1,000!
- Fact Check : Morgue Employee Cremated By Mistake?
- Fact Check : Did This Man Break His Home Quarantine?
- Home Quarantine Flouters : How Much Of A Risk Are They?
- Did Fauci Write That Angry COVID-19 Post : How Dare You?
- Fact Check : Malaysia Is Entering 3rd Wave Of COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Science Supports Pig As Haram With Proofs?
- Free Influenza Vaccine Expiring Soon : Should You Take It?
- Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
- Fact Check: Changi Airport Passengers Must Wear PPE Suits?
- Fact Check : Lincoln Memorial Defaced By BLM Protestors!
- George Floyd Challenge Exposed : Racist + Dangerous!
- GrabFood : How Burgertory Exposed Potential Discrimination!
- Fact Check : White House Lights Out With Trump In Bunker?
- Fact Check : White Cops Arrest Black Man, Finds He’s FBI!
- Fact Check : US Protestors Asking China For Help!
- Android Wallpaper Malware Explained + Solved!
- Fact Check : Flower of the Holy Spirit – From Saint To Dove!
- Fact Check : George Floyd Protestors Broke Into White House!
- Fact Check : Rev. Patrick Mahoney Hypocrisy On Protests
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- Fact Check : Prolonged Use of Face Mask Causes Hypoxia!
Go Back To > Science | Fact Checks | Home
Support Tech ARP!