Dr. Zhong Nanshan – China’s foremost expert on COVID-19 – allegedly introduced five methods to build immunity against COVID-19.
Let’s take a look at the viral advice, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
This viral message has gone viral on WhatsApp, allegedly advice by Dr. Zhong Nanshan on how to build your immunity against COVID-19.
It has also been shared on Facebook, and posted by blogs hoping to cash in on the COVID-19 panic.
COVID-19 Immunity Advice By Dr. Zhong Nanshan : Bullshit
Like 95% of viral messages on COVID-19 – this is yet another piece of FAKE NEWS based on some facts.
Let’s examine each claim and find out what the facts really are!
Fact #1 : Dr. Zhong Nanshan Is An Expert On COVID-19
First of all, Dr. Zhong Nanshan is not only a real person, he is a key Chinese expert on COVID-19.
In fact, he was the expert who declared that there was “human-to-human transmission” and pushed for China’s massive lockdown that successfully contained the epidemic, at least on Chinese soil.
On 8 September 2020, he was awarded the Medal of the Republic – China’s highest state honour – for his role in fighting the COVID-19 epidemic.
Fact #2 : Dr. Zhong Nanshan Warned Against Natural Immunity
Everything attributed to Dr. Zhong Nanshan regarding building your body’s immunity against COVID-19 are FALSE.
In an online meeting on 2 March 2021, with top American and Chinese public health experts (including Dr. Anthony Fauci), Dr. Zhong Nanshan warned against natural immunity.
He called it “unrealistic, less scientific and inhumane“, and pointed out that 2-3% of those infected would die – that’s 14 to 21 million people globally!
Fact #3 : Dr. Zhong Nanshan Advocated Quarantine
Dr. Zhong Nanshan explained in a 17 April 2020 CGTN video that China managed the COVID-19 epidemic by using strict quarantine, mass testing and masking in public.
He never once mentioned anything about “building up” your own immune system, because there is simply… bullshit.
Fact #4 : SARS-CoV-2 Is A Novel Coronavirus
COVID-19 is caused by SARS-CoV-2 – a novel (brand new) coronavirus.
Because it has never been encountered by any human being in history, our immune system has never learned to fight against it.
While a good diet, exercise and exposure to sunlight are important for our health and well-being, they will NOT prevent COVID-19.
Dr. Zhong Nanshan himself went viral for sleeping on a train to Wuhan in January 2020 to investigate the epidemic, while everyone else was travelling home for the Spring Festival.
Fact #5 : Immune System Overreaction Major Cause Of Death / Injury
Research has shown that our immune system can overreact to the SARS-CoV-2 virus infection, triggering a cytokine storm that causes many classic features of severe COVID-19 disease :
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- Acute lung injury
- Systemic inflammatory response
- Multiple organ failures
- Thromboembolism – arterial and venous blood clots
That is why dexamethasone – a corticosteroid – was found to be effective in improving the survival rates of severe COVID-19 :
- patients on ventilators : by one-third (33%)
- patients receiving oxygen : by one-fifth (20%)
The fact dexamethasone has no effect on patients who do not require respiratory support confirms that it doesn’t treat the infection, but prevents the body’s immune system from running amok and killing the patient.
Recommended : Dexamethasone : Do NOT Self-Medicate Against COVID-19!
Fact #6 : Vitamin D Does Not Prevent COVID-19
There is no evidence that Vitamin D prevents COVID-19.
While scientists are researching the use of Vitamin D in COVID-19 infections, it is to determine if it can possibly reduce or prevent the cytokine storm, as well as thrombotic (blood clotting) complications.
The same scientists researching this also warn that there is a potential for vitamin D toxicity. Hence, such supplement should “only be taken under medical supervision“.
Fact #7 : Gargling Cannot Prevent COVID-19
The SARS-CoV-2 virus spreads mostly by droplets and to a lesser extent, by aerosol. Therefore, gargling cannot prevent COVID-19.
Never mind the fact that gargling cannot reach deeper than your pharynx, it cannot protect against virus particles that you BREATHE IN.
Yes, if you are not aware yet – most COVID-19 infections occur when people breathe in infected droplets.
What gargling can do is help reduce the spread of infectious droplets by COVID-19 patients. Even that is only possible using mouthwash, not with salt water or tea.
Fact #8 : Hot Baths Won’t Prevent COVID-19
It doesn’t matter whether you bathe in cold or hot water – your body’s internal temperature stays the same.
Your body maintains its temperature by homeostasis, which is why we sweat when it’s hot and shiver when it’s cold.
A hot bath will not elevate your body temperature. It will certainly not kill the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Neither will breathing in steam, in case you are thinking about it!
Recommended : Can Inhaling Steam + Supplements Prevent COVID-19?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Public Bank Segambut Closed After COVID-19 Case!
- Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Fact Check : Buka Puasa Picnic Allowed In Putrajaya?
- The Shyama Nair Petition To Stop Sinovac Vaccine Use
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 14 April 2021 Edition!
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Which COVID-19 Vaccine Should YOU Choose?
- Chinese Vaccine Efficacy Not High? What Are The Facts?
- Both Pfizer + Sinovac Vaccines In Phase 2 Vaccinations!
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- China : Was COVID-19 Created In Fort Detrick Bio Lab?
- Did US Supreme Court Overturn Universal Vaccination?
- How To Report Vaccine Side Effects In MySejahtera!
- 25,700 Malaysians Hospitalised For Vaccine Side Effects?
- CanSino COVID-19 Vaccine : What You Need To Know!
- Mount Elizabeth : Doctor’s Severe Vaccine Reaction Is False!
- Did Dr. Ann Tan Get A Stroke From Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Two Doctors Share Their COVID-19 Vaccination Experiences!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Health | Fact Checks | Home