This is incredible – the COVID-19 vaccine breakthrough rate is only 0.003% for healthcare workers!
Find out why this is evidence of localised herd immunity, and how you can take advantage of this phenomenon!
COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What Is It?
COVID-19 vaccines greatly protect you from severe disease and prevent death, but even the best COVID-19 vaccine cannot 100% protect you from getting infected.
When someone who is fully vaccinated gets infected by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, this is known as a vaccine breakthrough infection.
The US CDC itself defines a vaccine breakthrough case as a “person who has SARS-CoV-2 RNA or antigen detected on a respiratory specimen collected ≥14 days after completing the primary series of a U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.”
Recommended : COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What Should We Expect?
The vaccine breakthrough rate can be calculated based on their reported efficacy rates, using this formula :
(100% – Vaccine Efficacy %) x Attack Rate
The COVID-19 attack rate in Malaysia is about 1.0%, so that should give us these estimated vaccine breakthrough rates :
|Pfizer COMIRNATY||95%||(100% – 95%) x 1%|
|Sinovac CoronaVac||50.7%||(100% – 50.7%) x 1%|
COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Rate Only 0.003% For HCW!
Amidst the rising tide of COVID-19 cases, here is a ray of hope.
On 19 April 2021, the Special Committee on COVID-19 Vaccine Supply (JKJAV) announced that only NINE (9) healthcare workers contracted COVID-19, out of 272,019 who were fully vaccinated!
That means the breakthrough rate for healthcare workers is only 0.0033%!
Even if we assume that they all received the more efficacious Pfizer vaccine, the vaccine breakthrough rate is 15X lower than expected!
This is even more astounding because healthcare workers are at much higher risk of contracting COVID-19, because they work with infected patients, some of whom are asymptomatic and undetected.
We would expect healthcare workers to suffer from a much higher attack rate than the general population, and therefore suffer more vaccine breakthrough infections.
Yet the opposite happened… WHY?
Evidence Of Localised Herd Immunity?
I believe this could be evidence of localised herd immunity at work.
Phase 1 of the vaccination programme focused exclusively on frontline workers, especially healthcare workers.
Once these healthcare workers were all vaccinated, they provided each other with indirect protection at the workplace.
In other words – their workplace herd immunity is protecting them against breakthrough infections!
Employers should therefore take note of this phenomenon. If you can quickly vaccinate enough of your workforce, you can benefit from herd immunity at your workplace!
This protective bubble will greatly reduce the risk of any COVID-19 breakthrough infections, and virtually eliminate outbreaks at the workplace.
- Interstate Travel Limited Even More After COVID-19 Surge!
- 19 Schools In Petaling Closed Over COVID-19 Exposure!
- Couples Can Ask For COVID-19 Vaccination On Same Day!
- Phase 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations Kick Off In Malaysia!
- Vaccinated People More Vulnerable To South African Variant?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Fact Check : Buka Puasa Picnic Allowed In Putrajaya?
- The Shyama Nair Petition To Stop Sinovac Vaccine Use
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 14 April 2021 Edition!
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Which COVID-19 Vaccine Should YOU Choose?
- Chinese Vaccine Efficacy Not High? What Are The Facts?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- China : Was COVID-19 Created In Fort Detrick Bio Lab?
- Did US Supreme Court Overturn Universal Vaccination?
- How To Report Vaccine Side Effects In MySejahtera!
- Two Doctors Share Their COVID-19 Vaccination Experiences!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?