People are sharing a viral post claiming that the COVID-19 coronavirus can be eliminated by simply drinking water or gargling with water or vinegar.
The post is completely FALSE, and is yet another Internet hoax targeting the COVID-19 coronavirus. Here are the facts!
COVID-19 Coronavirus Gargling Hoax : What Is It?
The viral fake advice on drinking water or gargling with water / vinegar to prevent the COVID-19 coronavirus goes like this :
The post and its information are COMPLETELY FALSE. Let’s take a look at the facts…
COVID-19 Coronavirus Gargling Hoax Debunked!
The COVID-19 coronavirus infects you when you breathe in the viral particles, but your throat is NOT a filter for your respiratory system.
These viral particles or virion will NOT stop by the throat for a 4-day sojourn before heading to your lungs. So trying to “flush it down” with water, or “flush it out by gargling” is NOT going to work.
Drinking very hot water (as some have suggested) isn’t going to help, because scalding your throat won’t eliminate the virus from your upper respiratory system.
Even the WHO has pointed out that rinsing your nose with saline (salt water) will not eliminate the coronavirus. So there goes the advice on flushing the coronavirus with salt water…
More importantly, why focus on complicated methods like drinking hot water and gargling with salt water or vinegar, when there is a MUCH EASIER and PROVEN method?
If you avoid infecting yourself by washing your hands before touching your nose, mouth and eyes, there is no need to “flush” the virus down or out.
Do the smart thing – WASH YOUR HANDS!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :[adrotate group=”2″]
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our home, office, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Thoroughly cook your food, and boil water before drinking
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- The Double-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Symptoms Revealed In JAMA Study!
- COVID-19 : Protect With Surgical Mask + Eyewear!
- H1N1 Pandemic : The Great American Cover-Up Debunked!
- Why Snakes Are Not Source Of Wuhan Coronavirus!
- Rasam Antidote For Wuhan | Nipah | SARS Viruses Debunked!
- Yes! Surgical Masks Can Protect Us Against Influenza!
- Wang Guangfa : Wuhan Coronavirus Can Infect Through Eyes!
- Wuhan Coronavirus : Can Face Masks Help Protect Us?
- How Did Iran Shoot Down UIA Flight PS752 By Mistake?
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- The 2-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- The Viral Soda / Soft Drink Egg Video Hoax Debunked!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Sheryl Crow Bottled Water Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- 16 Girls Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated Into The Swimming Pool?
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Correcting The Record On Andrew Wakefield (Updated)
- The GMO Egg vs. Organic Egg Comparison Debunked
- Can Bottled Water Cause Cancer?
- Princeton University Warns Of Cancer Risk From Fridge Magnets
- Kinder Joy wax coating causes cancer?
- 12 Scientific Reasons For Declaring Pigs Haram Debunked