Does this recipe for a corona kashayam really work to prevent COVID-19 infections?
Take a look at this corona kashayam recipe, and find out if it actually works against COVID-19!
Corona Kashayam : A Handwritten Recipe
On 14 January 2021, MDEC Chairman Dr. Rais Hussin shared a recipe for a Corona Kashayam – an Ayurvedic medicinal tea designed to combat COVID-19.
This handwritten Corona Kashayam recipe claims to “protect before corona symptoms, cure after coronavirus“.
Dr. Rais Hussin stated in his tweet, “Try this… I have started … May help to prevent virus attack!”
Note : We added the HOAX and laughing overlays to prevent this from being further abused.
Corona Kashayam : As Effective As English Breakfast
We have to CLEARLY and UNEQUIVOCALLY state that the medicinal tea made using this Corona Kashayam recipe will NOT, repeat, will NOT prevent or cure COVID-19.
This Corona Kashayam is as effective as English Breakfast against COVID-19, just doesn’t taste as nice.
Our advice? Enjoy a cup of English Breakfast, and if you do leave home, make sure :
- you wear a face mask at all times,
- maintain physical distance of 1-2 metres from other people, and
- maintain good hand hygiene.
And if you are lucky enough to get a COVID-19 vaccine, TAKE IT!
For those who want to find out more why this Corona Kashayam is useless against COVID-19…
Fact #1 : There Is Still No Cure For COVID-19
As of January 2021, there is still NO CURE for COVID-19.
If this is a proven cure, the inventor would be a good candidate for the Nobel Prize for Medicine.
Fact #2 : There Are Now Vaccines To Prevent COVID-19
Fortunately, there are now several vaccines that have been proven to prevent COVID-19.
The first two are mRNA-based vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna.
If you have the opportunity to get vaccinated against COVID-19, you should take it, instead of relying on a handwritten recipe.
Recommended : Pfizer + Moderna mRNA Vaccines : How Do They Work?
Fact #3 : Kashayam Is Used In Ayurveda, Not Allopathic Medicine
The handwritten recipe claims that it was described by an allopathic doctor.
Allopathy refers to modern, science-based medicine, as opposed to homeopathy, Ayurveda and other “alternative” kinds of treatments.
Kashayam is a medicinal tea concoction that is only used in Ayurvedic medicine. No doctor trained in science-based medicine would ever prescribe such a “treatment”.
Fact #4 : Turmeric, Cloves, Lemon + Ginger Will Not Kill SARS-CoV-2
Turmeric, cloves, lemon and ginger are common ingredients in Asian cuisine, so if they do really work against the SARS-CoV-2 virus, Asian countries would not be affected by COVID-19.
Yet, India saw her COVID-19 CASES rise from 8,000 per day in June 2020, to over 97,000 per day in September 2020!
Fact #5 : This Kashayam Recipe Was Confirmed False In June 2020
This Corona Kashayam recipe has been circulating since June 2020, and was confirmed false by Dr. Govind Khati, Dean of the RA Polar College of Ayurveda in Mumbai, who said that it was only an “immunity booster“.
All these ingredients help in improving immunity against normal colds, coughs, and fevers but have their own limitations in terms of action. They only help in reducing pressure on the lungs
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe During MCO!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe :
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotspots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Fact Check : Can Betadine + Listerine Prevent COVID-19?
- Malaysia Approves Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Malaysia Buys 25 Million Pfizer BNT162b2 Vaccine Doses!
- 2021 MCO / CMCO / RMCO : What You Need To Know!
- Is WhatsApp Forcing Us To Share Data With Facebook In February 2021?
- Fact Check : Sungai Buloh Hospital Cramped With Patients?
- 2021 MCO / PKP Of 6 States : Not True… For Now
- Is Genting Highlands Closed Over Many COVID-19 Cases?
- Hello? WhatsApp Is Already Sharing Data With Facebook!
- Malaysia : Register For COVID-19 Vaccine Via MySejahtera
- Shopping Malls With COVID-19 Cases : Misleading!
- Fact Check : PDRM Alert On 2021 New Year Eve Celebrations!
- COVID-19 Hot Spot Areas In KL : Hoax Debunked!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan Revealed!
- Doctor Infected With COVID-19 After Patient Lied!
- HUAWEI New Year Gift Scam : Don’t Click Or Share!
- Maybank B40 Subsidy Scam : Do NOT Click Or Call!
- Tesco New Year Scam Alert : Do NOT Click / Forward!
- Antivaxxers Keep Creating Fake Tiffany Dover Death Claims!
- Did Alabama Nurse, Tiffany Dover, Die From Pfizer Vaccine?
- Will COVID-19 Turn Breastmilk Yellow With Antibodies?
- Did This Nurse Faint After Getting Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Is First Woman To Get COVID-19 Vaccine In Critical Condition?
- RMCO / PKPP in Malaysia : New SOP for December 2020!
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Hand Sanitiser : Can It Set Your Car On Fire?
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Medicine | Fact Checks | Home