Can coffee compounds like Methylxanthine, Theobromine and Theophylline prevent or cure COVID-19?
Take a look at this viral COVID-19 claim, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Claim : The Chinese Used Coffee Compounds To Cure COVID-19!
Here is the claim that has been circulating on social media since at least June 2020 :
Breaking News from CNN :-
Dr. Li Wenliang, China’s hero doctor who was punished for telling the truth about Corona Virus and later died due to the same disease, had documented casefiles for research purposes and had in the casefiles proposed a cure that would significantly decrease the impact of the COVID – 19 Virus on the human body.
The chemical Methylxanthine, Theobromine and Theophylline stimulate compounds that can ward off these virus in a human with at least an average immune system.
Whats more shocking is that these complex words that were so difficult for people in China to understand is actually called COFFEE * in India, YES, our regular COFFEE has all these chemicals already in it.
The main Methylxanthine in COFFEE is the stimulant caffeine. Other Methylxanthines found in COFFEE are two chemically similar compounds, Theobromine and Theophylline. The COFFEE plant creates these chemicals as a way to ward off insects and other animals.
Who would have known that all the solution to these virus would be a simple cup of COFFEE and that is the reason so many patients in China are being cured.
The hospital staff in china has started serving COFFEE to the patients 3 times a day, And the effect is finally in *Wuhan ” The centre of this Pandemic” has been contained and community transmission has almost stopped.
Please Share this message to your friends and family to make them aware about this blessing in the form of COFFEE in your kitchen.
So please all start taking coffee and get rid of carona virus.
Forwarded as received.
காபிதானே குடிச்சு வைப்போம்.
Can Coffee Compounds Cure Or Prevent COVID-19? Nope!
This is yet another Internet hoax, a modified version of the earlier tea cure hoax.
Dr. Li Wenliang did not document any case files for research purposes, or proposed any cure for COVID-19.
Neither are the Chinese using coffee to cure or prevent COVID-19 infections in Wuhan. Here’s how we know that…
Fact #1 : There Is No Such CNN News Report
A quick check of the CNN website and Google reveals that there is no such CNN news report, claiming that Dr. Li Wenliang proposed coffee as a cure.
There is certainly no CNN report on the Chinese using coffee to cure or prevent COVID-19 infections.
Fact #2 : Dr Li Wenliang Was An Ophthalmologist!
Dr. Li Wenliang, who was one of several whistleblowing doctors raising alarm about the new virus, was an ophthalmologist.
As such, he only treats eye conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and the like. Not viruses like COVID-19.
His role in this COVID-19 tragedy was raising the alarm that was first set off by ER doctor, Dr. Ai Fen, who shared a patient’s report with her former classmates and colleagues.
Fact #3 : Methylxanthines Are Found In Chocolate, Coffee & Tea
Methylxanthines (or methylated xanthines) are a group of chemicals which include caffeine, theophylline, and theobromine. They are found not only in tea, but also chocolate and coffee.
Theophylline is predominant in tea, while theobromine is abundant in chocolate, and caffeine is the main methylxanthine in coffee.
If methylxanthines can really prevent COVID-19, why didn’t the writer suggest eating chocolate and drinking both coffee and tea for maximum effect?
Fact #4 : China Consumes More Coffee Than India
The Chinese may not drink as much coffee as they do tea, but it is really racist to say that unlike Indians, the Chinese do not know that coffee contains those compounds.
In 2019, the 1.43 billion Chinese population consumed US$8.2 BILLION worth of coffee, while the 1.37 billion Indian population consumed only US$903 MILLION worth of coffee.
In other words, the Chinese consume 8.7X more coffee per capita than the Indians. Could that suggest they are probably more aware of its health benefits?
Fact #5 : Coffee Cannot Cure Or Prevent COVID-19
If coffee can prevent COVID-19, countries with high coffee consumption would see far fewer cases.
Yet the top 5 consumers of coffee in the world – Iceland, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland – have over 2.17 million infections as of 22 February 2021, while China only has just over 90,000 infections.
Those 5 countries have a population of only 42 million, while China has 34X more people – 1.43 billion of them!
In other words, drinking coffee appears to make people 821X more likely to get infected by COVID-19!
Of course, we are not so silly as to make that claim, because correlation does NOT mean causation!
But what we can say is that statistically, drinking coffee won’t cure or prevent COVID-19.
Fact #6 : There Is Currently No Cure For COVID-19
As of 12 March 2021, there is no known cure or treatment for COVID-19.
However, several vaccines have been developed to prevent COVID-19, including :
So the best way to protect yourself isn’t to drink coffee, but to take an approved COVID-19 vaccine ASAP!
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :
- Stay at home or shelter in place
- Keep your hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep your home, office, vehicle, etc. clean
- If you must go out, maintain a social distance of 6 feet (2 metres)
- Wear a surgical mask and make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Fact Check : Doctor’s Diary On Covaxin Side Effects?
- Flower of the Holy Spirit Transforms From Saint To Dove?
- 460 Deaths + 243,612 Injuries From COVID Vaccines In UK?
- You Can Now Register For Vaccination Online / By Phone!
- Malaysia : 5 Ways To Register For COVID-19 Vaccine!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Scam Alert : Remote Control Electricity Saver!
- Did Al Gore Say North Pole Will Be Ice-Free By 2013?
- COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- Official COVID-19 Vaccination Consent Form For Malaysia
- CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- Did Spain Halt Pfizer Vaccination After Nursing Home Deaths?
- Sinovac Vaccine Arrives In Malaysia, But Not Approved Yet
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccination On MySejahtera!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Fines Increased To RM10K ~ RM100K!
- Malaysia MCO : MICE + Busking Now Allowed!
- Fake COVID Vaccination With Syringe / Needle Switch?
- Historic : First COVID-19 Vaccinations In Malaysia!
- Did Spain Halt Pfizer Vaccination After Nursing Home Deaths?
- Fact Check: Shocking UK Report On COVID Vaccine Injuries?
- USS Al Gore Global Warming Research Vessel Frozen In Ice?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?
Go Back To > Science | Fact Check | Home