Did the Chinese use tea to cure COVID-19 in Wuhan? Together with chloroquine, it’s the latest miracle cure for COVID-19 circulating on the Internet.
Let’s take a look at the claim, and find out if it’s true that the Chinese are using tea to cure COVID-19!
So Dr. Li Wenliang Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure…?
Credit for this discovery that tea cures COVID-19 is being attributed to Dr. Li Wenliang, the famous whistleblowing doctor, who sadly passed away from the new coronavirus…
Why Dr. Li Wenliang Did NOT Discover Tea As COVID-19 Cure
Sadly, this is yet another Internet hoax. Dr. Li Wenliang did not document any case files for research purposes, or proposed any cure for COVID-19.
Neither are the Chinese using tea to cure COVID-19 patients in Wuhan. Here’s how we know that…
There Is No Such CNN News Report
A quick check of the CNN website and Google reveals that there is no such CNN news report, claiming that Dr. Li Wenliang proposed tea as a cure, or the the Chinese were using tea to cure COVID-19 patients in Wuhan.
Dr. Li Wenliang Was An Ophthalmologist
Dr. Li Wenliang, who was one of several whistleblowing doctors raising alarm about the new virus, was an ophthalmologist.
As such, he would have treated eye conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and the like. Not viruses like COVID-19.
His tale in this COVID-19 tragedy was raising the alarm first set off by ER doctor, Dr. Ai Fen, who shared a patient’s report with her former classmates and colleagues.
Methylxanthines Are Found In Chocolate, Coffee & Tea
Methylxanthines (or methylated xanthines) are a group of chemicals which include caffeine, theophylline, and theobromine. They are found not only in tea, but also chocolate and coffee.
Theophylline is predominant in tea, while theobromine is abundant in chocolate, and caffeine is the main methylxanthine in coffee.
If methylxanthines are really the “cure” for COVID-19, why didn’t the writer suggest eating chocolate and drinking both coffee and tea for maximum effect?
Tea Cannot Cure / Prevent COVID-19
The Chinese drink a prodigious amount of tea, consuming almost 18 billion US dollars worth in 2017.
If tea can cure or prevent COVID-19, they would literally be immune to COVID-19.
Yet, China currently has the most COVID-19 cases in the world, as of 24 March 2020 – over 18 thousand infected, with over 3,200 deaths.
There Is Currently No Cure For COVID-19
As of 24 March 2020, there is no known cure or treatment for COVID-19.
To make it clear to everyone, the US FDA issued a statement on 19 March, reiterating once again that “there are no FDA-approved therapeutics or drugs to treat, cure or prevent COVID-19.”
COVID-19 : How To Keep Safe!
Here are a few simple steps to stay safe from COVID-19 :[adrotate group=”2″]
- Avoid suspected cases or disease hotpots, like hospitals, if possible!
- Avoid public events and crowds
- Keep our hands clean with soap or hand sanitiser
- Keep our homes, offices, vehicles, etc. clean
- If you need to wear a surgical mask, make sure you put it on and remove it properly!
- Wash your food with water (and soap) after purchase and before preparation
Recommended : Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
Recommended : Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
Recommended : COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- COVID-19 Food Safety : Fruits, Vegetables, Takeouts
- Chloroquine Poisoning : Do NOT Use It To Prevent COVID-19!
- Hand Sanitiser Alcohol Catching Fire : Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus : Why Snakes Are Not Hosts!
- Chloroquine Was NOT Approved By FDA To Treat COVID-19!
- MYEG COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Genuine, But…
- COVID-19 Rapid Tests : What You Need To Know!
- MYEG vs KKM : Our COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Are Real!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Gargling Hoax Debunked!
- Soap vs Sanitiser : Which Works Better Against COVID-19?
- Surgical Mask : How To CORRECTLY Wear + Remove!
- The Double-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- American Origin Of H1N1 Pandemic Hoax Debunked!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Symptoms Revealed In JAMA Study!
- COVID-19 : Protect With Surgical Mask + Eyewear!
- H1N1 Pandemic : The Great American Cover-Up Debunked!
- Hand Sanitiser vs Soap : Which Should YOU Use?
- Why Snakes Are Not Source Of Wuhan Coronavirus!
- Rasam Antidote For Wuhan | Nipah | SARS Viruses Debunked!
- Yes! Surgical Masks Can Protect Us Against Influenza!
- Wang Guangfa : Wuhan Coronavirus Can Infect Through Eyes!
- COVID-19 Coronavirus : Can Face Masks Help Protect Us?
- How Did Iran Shoot Down UIA Flight PS752 By Mistake?
- Face Masks – Do They Really Help With Haze / Air Pollution?
- The 2-Sided Surgical Mask Hoax Debunked!
- The Viral Soda / Soft Drink Egg Video Hoax Debunked!
- Walter Reed Army Medical Center Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- The Sheryl Crow Bottled Water Cancer Hoax Debunked!
- Can Soda Or Soft Drinks Really DISSOLVE Egg Shells?
- Why Jessica Biel Is WRONG About Vaccine Exemptions
- Michael Carley : The Needs of Teens & Adults on the Autism Spectrum
- The Kedder Human Puppies Hoax Debunked!
- 16 Girls Pregnant After A Boy Ejaculated Into The Swimming Pool?
- The Panadol Kills Vultures & Humans Hoax Debunked!
- Why You Can’t Get Pregnant From Sperm In Swimming Pools
- Correcting The Record On Andrew Wakefield (Updated)