China recently approved the CanSino Convidecia vaccine for general use, and several countries around the world have purchased it.
In this article, we will answer your frequently asked questions about this Chinese-made vaccine!
Find out how the Convidecia vaccine works, and how effective it really is against COVID-19!
CanSino Convidecia Vaccine : What Is It?
Developed by CanSino Biologics, Convidecia is a viral vector vaccine, that uses a modified Ad5 virus to deliver the blueprint for the SARS-CoV-2 protein spike.
Unlike the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines, CoronaVac only needs to be refrigerated at 2–8 °C (36–46 °F), which makes it easy to distribute.
In addition, it only requires a single dose, which makes it easier to fully vaccinate large populations
On 25 February 2021, China approved the Convedicia vaccine for general use.
CanSino Convidecia Vaccine : How Does It Work?
It uses a modified Ad5 virus containing the DNA instructions for the protein spikes of the SARS-CoV-2.
Once injected, the Ad5 virus introduces the SARS-CoV-2 protein spike DNA to the cell nucleus, where it is decoded to create the mRNA instructions.
Then, just like the mRNA vaccines, the cell’s ribosomes use those mRNA instructions to manufacture the SARS-CoV-2 protein spikes, which are then presented on the cell surface.
These “foreign” protein spikes triggers the body’s immune system, which then makes antigens to target these spikes.
CanSino Convidecia Vaccine : What Are Its Side Effects?
According to its Phase 1 trial results, volunteers reported only these side effects :
- injection site pain
- mild to severe fever (up to grade 3)
- mild to severe fatigue (up to grade 3)
- muscle and joint pain
- throat pain and cough
However, they were generally well-tolerated, with no incidences of hypersensitivity to the vaccine.
CanSino Convidecia Vaccine : How Effective Is It?
Unfortunately, there have been no publicly released trial data on the CanSino vaccine’s efficacy. Only what they chose to release in their press statements.
According to CanSino Biologics, here is the efficacy of the Convidecia vaccine in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 disease :
- 2 weeks after vaccination : 68.83% efficacy
- 4 weeks after vaccination : 65.28% efficacy
CanSino Convidecia Vaccine : Should You Take It?
Yes, if approved by the health authority of your country, you should take it.
The CanSino vaccine may have lower efficacy than the Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccine, but it is still an effective vaccine.
The key thing you should note is that it has been proven to prevent severe or fatal COVID-19 disease.
And it offers about 91% protection against moderate to severe COVID-19 disease that requires medical treatment.
Recommended : COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- Mount Elizabeth : Doctor’s Severe Vaccine Reaction Is False!
- Did Dr. Ann Tan Get A Stroke From Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Did A Police Officer Die From Second Vaccine Dose?
- Malaysia Approves AstraZeneca Vaccine By SK Bioscience!
- Plandemic 3 To Prove Satan’s Hand In COVID-19 Vaccines!
- Two Doctors Share Their COVID-19 Vaccination Experiences!
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 30 March 2021 Edition!
- UK Government Report On Pfizer Vaccine Adverse Reactions?
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Did This Doctor Die From Painkiller After COVID Vaccination?
- Malaysia Approves COVID-19 Vaccine Injury Fund!
- Malaysia Buys More Pfizer + Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccines!
- Did NYT Rank 4 Chinese Vaccines As Safest In The World?
- How To Register For COVID-19 Vaccination On MySejahtera!
- Was Pfizer Vaccine Designed To Make COVID-19 Endemic?
- CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- CEM014 Eggs : Cook Properly Or Return Them!
- MySejahtera : How To Register Dependents For Vaccine!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Did Al Gore Say North Pole Will Be Ice-Free By 2013?
- COVID-19 Vaccine : Which Should YOU Choose?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Face Mask Guide : The RIGHT Way To Wear + Remove!
- Fact Check : Are There Two Sides To A Surgical Mask?
- COVID-19 : How To SAFELY Clean Your Mobile Devices!
- Face Mask vs COVID-19 : Should You Wear One?