Is it true that GAVI – the vaccine company owned by Bill Gates – bought Chinese vaccines?
Take a look at this new claim, and find out what the FACTS really are!
Bill Gates Vaccine Company GAVI Buys Chinese Vaccines?
People are sharing a video on Bitchute, with the title Bill Gates vaccine company GAVI has just signed agreements with China’s vaccine company Sinovac.
They appear to believe that it is evidence that Bill Gates is making use of the COVID-19 pandemic to make money through vaccines.
Truth : GAVI Is Not A Vaccine Company Owned By Bill Gates
The video is genuine, but the title and claim by people sharing it are FALSE. Here are the facts…
Fact #1 : It Was A CGTN News Report
Let me start by confirming that the video is a genuine 24-second video clip by CGTN.
It basically states that GAVI signed deals with China’s Sinopharm and Sinovac to provide COVID-19 vaccines for the COVAX programme.
Fact #2 : GAVI Is Not A Vaccine Company
GAVI, which is short for Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation, is an international organisation created in 2000 to provide lower-income countries with equitable access to vaccines.
GAVI is a non-profit organisation. It is not a company, and does not manufacture vaccines.
It aims to provide poorer countries with free or cheaper vaccines, by purchasing vaccines in bulk for better prices, and either subsidising the vaccines, or providing them for free using donor money.
Fact #3 : Bill Gates Does Not Own GAVI
Bill Gates does not own GAVI. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation was just one of its founding partners.
GAVI has many stakeholders, including the WHO, UNICEF, the World Bank, donor countries, and civil society organisations.
Its policies are therefore dictated not by a single person, but a GAVI board that is currently chaired by José Manuel Barros with 28 members, comprising of :
- 9 independent individuals
- 5 representatives from donor countries
- 5 representatives from implementing countries
- 2 representatives from GAVI – CEO, research and technical health institutes
- 2 representatives from the vaccine industry
- 1 representative from civil society organisations
- 1 representative from WHO
- 1 representative from UNICEF
- 1 representative from World Bank
- 1 representative from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Fact #4 : GAVI Purchased Sinopharm + Sinovac Vaccines
On 12 July 2021, GAVI announced that they signed advance purchase agreements with both Sinopharm and Sinovac to provide 110 million doses to the COVAX Facility.
- 60 million doses of Sinopharm BBIBP-CorV vaccine doses
- 50 million doses of Sinovac CoronaVac vaccine doses
These vaccine doses will be distributed to lower-income countries for FREE to help with the COVID-19 vaccination programmes.
Fact #5 : Bill Gates Funds Part Of COVAX Facility
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is a major contributor to the COVAX Facility. In other words, they are PAYING for the vaccines that GAVI provides to poorer nations for FREE.
So Bill Gates is not making money from GAVI through the purchase and supply of vaccines. His foundation is actually SPENDING MONEY to help poorer countries get free vaccines.
Here is the current list of the top 10 donors to the COVAX Facility :
|United States||3,500 million|
|United Kingdom||733 million|
|European Commission||489 million|
|Bill & Melinda
Fact #6 : China Benefits Financially From GAVI Purchase
The CGTN video has a misleading chyron which suggests that the doses were a contribution by those companies or the Chinese government.
That’s not true. All 110 million doses were PURCHASED by GAVI for the COVAX Facility.
China is notably not a financial contributor to the COVAX Facility.
Therefore, China is the only country to financially benefit from GAVI’s purchase of 110 million vaccine doses from Sinovac and Sinopharm.
- Fact Check : Delta Variant Advice By Dr. MK Tan?
- PCR Test Cannot Differentiate COVID-19 vs. Influenza?
- Ivermectin FAQ For Prevention / Treatment Of COVID-19?
- CDC To Withdraw EUA For COVID-19 Only RT-PCR Test
- Fact Check : Ivermectin Dose + Protocol By Dr. Amir Farid?
- Should You Accept Prefilled Vaccine Syringes?
- Did US Supreme Court Overturn Universal Vaccination?
- China To Offer mRNA Booster Dose For Sinovac + Sinopharm!
Go Back To > Health | Fact Check | Tech ARP