Did hundreds of athletes die of COVID-19 vaccine side effects, shortly after getting vaccinated?!
Take a look at the viral claim, and find out what the facts really are!
Claim : Hundreds Of Athletes Died Of COVID-19 Vaccine Effects!
For many months now, the Good Sciencing website has been claiming that hundreds of athletes have died of COVID-19 vaccine side effects.
They compiled a list of athletes who died, and created a chart to prove that their deaths must be caused by the COVID-19 vaccine.
Truth : Hundreds Of Athletes Did NOT Die Of COVID-19 Vaccine Effects!
This is yet another example of FAKE NEWS created by anti-vaccination activists to scare people from protecting themselves with the COVID-19 vaccines.
The truth is – hundreds of athletes did not die from COVID-19 vaccine side effects, and here are the reasons why…
Fact #1 : Their Vaccination Status Are Unknown
Before anyone can come analyse this issue, one must first collect good data. The problem is Good Sciencing doesn’t have good data.
Specifically, they do NOT actually know if the athletes in their database were even vaccinated!
If they are not even sure those athletes were vaccinated, how can they be sure their injuries or deaths were due to the vaccine???
But instead of doing any actual research, they gave themselves a waiver by claiming that everyone from the clubs, sponsors and even the players are hiding that information.
Wow, what an easy way out! Everyone must be lying, therefore they must all be vaccinated! What bullshit.
Fact #2 : They Did Not Establish Causation
Good Sciencing believes that their chart shows a direct correlation between COVID-19 vaccinations (which began for most countries in early 2021) and the deaths of athletes.
The problem is – correlation does not imply causation. For example, if you get pregnant after getting the COVID-19 vaccine, does it mean that the vaccine made you pregnant? Of course, not.
Good Sciencing never offered proof that the deaths or injuries were caused by the vaccine. They only claimed that the athletes must have died or got injured by the vaccine, because they were so young and fit.
Fact #3 : Many Athletes Die Unexpectedly
Good Sciencing suggests that it is rather rate for young and fit athletes to die suddenly. That’s really nonsense.
Let’s take a look at the same Maron study they used as evidence. The chart from that study shows a progressive rise in sudden death reports of 6% per year, from 1980 to 2006.
Good Sciencing does not show you this chart, because it shows that sudden deaths in young and fit athletes more than quadrupled from 1980 to 2006!
This puts paid to their claim that such a rise in sudden death must be due to the COVID-19 vaccine, which obviously did not exist back then.
Fact #4 : They Compared US Athletes vs. World
Good Sciencing claimed that over 680 athletes died in 17 months, compared to 1866 athletes in 27 years (324 months) of the Maron study.
But what they don’t tell you is that they were comparing athlete sudden deaths WORLDWIDE against the Maron study, which only looked at athlete sudden deaths in the United States.
Do they realise how stupid that is? The population of the United States in 2006 was 298 million, whereas the worldwide population right now is 7.9 billion.
No, they are not stupid. They are just dishonest. They skewed their data 26.5X in their favour, by comparing US deaths from the past to worldwide deaths today.
Fact #5 : Athletes Were Under Lockdown
Good Sciencing also (intentionally?) forgot to point out that the Maron study showed that 82% of those sudden deaths occurred with physical exertion during competition or training.
This is an important point, because most athletes were not competing or playing in the early months of 2021, due to COVID-19 lockdowns and restrictions.
Those COVID-19 restrictions started to taper off as vaccination numbers rose, and sports tournaments and games started up towards the latter half of 2021.
The resumption of strenuous sporting activities would explain the increase in athlete sudden deaths throughout 2021. After all, many young athletes suffer sudden cardiac arrests during strenuous activities.
That is certainly far more plausible than blaming the COVID-19 vaccine without even knowing if they were vaccinated in the first place!
Fact #6 : They Included Chronic Diseases
Good Sciencing intentionally skewed their data by including deaths from chronic diseases like cancer and chronic heart conditions.
Here is a selection of athletes whose deaths / conditions they are blaming on the COVID-19 vaccine, despite being of chronic conditions that would be started long before the vaccine was developed.
- Danielle Kang : Golfer who was diagnosed with a tumour on her spine, which has not been determined to be malignant or benign.
- Alex Rodrigo Dias da Costa : Footballer who underwent a quadruple bypass heart surgery to clear blocked coronary arteries.
- Justin Hardy : Basketball player who died from stomach cancer.
- Bobby Hill : Australian football player who was diagnosed with testicular cancer.
- Lazar LaPenna : 10 year-old boy (who isn’t an athlete!) who suffered from epilepsy, and died after going into seizures.
Amazingly, they even included athletes who suffered from COVID-19 injuries! I’m surprised they didn’t include athletes who died from car accidents!
Fact #7 : They Included The Elderly Too!
While Good Sciencing claimed that it is not normal for “young athletes” to suffer from cardiac arrests or die while playing their sport, they didn’t hesitate to include the elderly to skew their data!
Here is a selection of “not so young” athletes they used in their data…
- Peter Matera : 53 year-old former Australian footballer who had a cardiac arrest while chopping wood
- Michele Bortignon : 51 year-old rally driver who had a cardiac arrest while driving.
- Franco Del C Pendant : 58 year-old cyclist who had a cardiac arrest while cycling.
- David Shaffer : 59 year-old football coach who collapsed from a heart condition while driving.
- Unnamed 60 year-old cyclist (not even an athlete!) who died while cycling.
- Another unnamed 65 year-old cyclist (not even an athlete) who died while cycling.
Fact #8 : They Included Suicides!
Astoundingly, Good Sciencing included people who died from suicide in their data!
- Lauren Bernette : 20 year-old softball player
- Sarah Shulze : 21 year-old track and cross-country runner
- Jordan Michelle : 29 year-old rugby player
- Olivia Podmore : 24 year-old cyclist
- Cameron Burell : 27 year-old sprinter
- Albert Linder : 25 year-old weightlifter
In one case, where the person committed suicide by self-inflicted gunshot, this was their reason for adding him to their database of athletes killed by the vaccine :
Fact #9 : Good Sciencing Is Known For Fake News
Good Sciencing is known for creating and disseminating fake news about COVID-19 vaccines.
Everything posted by Good Sciencing (also called Real Science) must be regarded as FAKE NEWS, until proven otherwise.
Please help us fight fake news websites like Good Sciencing – SHARE this fact check out!
And please support our work!
- Was Amber Heard Just Arrested For Perjury, Cocaine + Meth?!
- Did Indian Singer KK Die From Vaccine Heart Attack?!
- Are 70 Countries Planning To Sue China For Vaccine Deaths?!
- Are Japan, Korea + China Going To Ban Microwave Ovens?!
- Was Paul Pelosi Arrested For Child Porn + Cocaine?!
Go Back To > Science | Fact Check | Tech ARP