The Malaysian government has just announced that the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine will be taken off the mainstream vaccination programme, and made optional.
Here is what we know about this new development, and why it is a great shortcut for those who want to get vaccinated earlier!
AstraZeneca Vaccine : Now Optional
In a press conference on 28 April 2021, National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister Khairy Jamaluddin, announced that the AstraZeneca vaccine will no longer be part of the mainstream COVID-19 vaccination programme.
According to the minister, the AstraZeneca vaccine will not be offered at current COVID-19 vaccination centres.
Instead, the government will set up special COVID-19 vaccination centres, where anyone aged 18 or older can register to voluntarily receive the AstraZeneca vaccine.
This move came after many Malaysians were convinced by viral fake news circulating on social media that the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine is dangerous.
To avoid people turning up at vaccination centres and rejecting them (and wasting the vaccine doses), they decided to make it optional.
Recommended : Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
AstraZeneca Vaccine Optional Registration : A Possible Shortcut?
This optional AstraZeneca vaccination programme could end up being very good news for people who are tired of the slow vaccination process.
Registering for the optional AstraZeneca vaccination will allow them to bypass the long queue in the mainstream COVID-19 vaccination programme.
As we pointed out earlier, the best COVID-19 vaccine you can choose is the first vaccine you can complete!
Trust the science, trust the data, and get vaccinated!
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Health Advocates Against Pfizer mRNA Vaccine : A Fact Check
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
- Do Zinc, Vitamin C, Herbs + Spices Help Fight COVID-19?
- On The JAKIM + JPM Petition To Lift COVID-19 Measures!
- Will Our Immunity Drop For 6 Weeks After Vaccination?
- Russian Autopsy Confirmed That COVID-19 Is Not A Virus?
- What Is The Process At The COVID-19 Vaccination Centre?
- Vaccinated People More Vulnerable To South African Variant?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Interstate Travel Allowed For COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Fact Check : Buka Puasa Picnic Allowed In Putrajaya?
- The Shyama Nair Petition To Stop Sinovac Vaccine Use
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 14 April 2021 Edition!
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Which COVID-19 Vaccine Should YOU Choose?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- Did US Supreme Court Overturn Universal Vaccination?
- How To Report Vaccine Side Effects In MySejahtera!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?