The Leong family were amongst the first to receive the AstraZeneca vaccination at Universiti Malaya (UM).
They shared with us their experience, and a video to help you get there and show you what the process is like at the vaccination centre!
If you are headed to the WTCKL (PWTC) vaccination centre, take a look at my video + picture guide!
If you are headed to the UKM Bangi vaccination centre, be sure to check Sharmine Ishak’s experience too!
AstraZeneca Vaccination @ Universiti Malaya : A Video Guide!
The Leong family were amongst the first to receive the AstraZeneca vaccination at the Universiti Malaya (UM) vaccination centre.
The dynamic duo, Melissa and Denise Leong, created this awesome video to help you get to the UM vaccination centre, and show you what the process is like once you get there!
Here is a step-by-step pictorial guide :
- When you get to the arch at the entrance of Universiti Malaya, just head straight for about 800 metres.
- Take a left turn when you see the sign Pusat Pemberian Vaksin (Vaccination Centre) at Persiaran Gagasan.
- Drive straight until you see the sign Penerima Vaksin (Vaccine Recipients).
- Take a left turn and look for a parking space.
- Walk to the examination hall, but only enter about 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Before you enter, make sure you scan the MySejahtera QR code to log your visit.
- They will then verify your appointment date and time, upon which you are given a numbered card.
- Once inside, you will be seated at Station 1 to wait for your turn.
- At Station 2, you will register yourself and scan the QR code for vaccination. Then you are given two copies of the consent form.
- You will sign the consent forms at Station 3, where you will have the opportunity to consult the attending doctor.
- At Station 4, you will queue for your turn to be vaccinated with the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
- After receiving your AstraZeneca vaccination, you will be asked to wait in an observation area for 15 to 30 minutes, before you are allowed to leave.
All in all, the entire process took less than an hour, including the observation time. They went in at 11:20 AM and came out at 12:10 PM.
I would like to thank Jory, Melissa and Denise Leong for not only sharing their experience and pictures with us, but also the great video guide!
This will be immensely useful to those who are going to Universiti Malaya for the AstraZeneca vaccination soon!
Post AstraZeneca Vaccination Side Effects
Jory had soreness at the injection site, and mild fatigue.
Melissa had soreness at the injection site, mild fatigue and some body aches.
Denise had soreness at the injection site, on-and-off fatigue, mild fever, headache and nausea that resolved after the first night’s sleep.
Recommended : How To Report Vaccine Side Effects In MySejahtera!
AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer!
The AstraZeneca Vaxzevria vaccine, codenamed AZD1222, is a viral vector vaccine against COVID-19.
It uses a chimpanzee adenovirus – ChAdOx1 – which has been modified to prevent replication, to introduce a DNA sequence of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.
Once injected, the vaccine enters the cell and “teaches” it to produce the SARS-CoV-2 spike proteins and express them on its surface.
These spike proteins triggers the immune response to create antibodies that will protect you against the real SARS-CoV-2 virus.
This is a 2-dose vaccine, with the second dose given 12 weeks after the first dose.
- AstraZeneca Vaccination Experience By Sharmine Ishak!
- Did Dr. Rajendra Kapila Die From COVID-19 After Vaccination?
- Ryan’s Autism Journey – Be The Miracle!
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine : How To Register For It!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- Are Mamak Restaurants Spreading Indian COVID-19 Strain?
- Fact Check : Singapore Doctor’s Advice On COVID Vaccination
- Malaysia COVID-19 Vaccine Plan : 28 April 2021 Edition!
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Health Advocates Against Pfizer mRNA Vaccine : A Fact Check
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!
- Do Zinc, Vitamin C, Herbs + Spices Help Fight COVID-19?
- On The JAKIM + JPM Petition To Lift COVID-19 Measures!
- Will Our Immunity Drop For 6 Weeks After Vaccination?
- Russian Autopsy Confirmed That COVID-19 Is Not A Virus?
- What Is The Process At The COVID-19 Vaccination Centre?
- Vaccinated People More Vulnerable To South African Variant?
- Dr. Zhong Nanshan : How To Build Immunity Against COVID?
- COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough : What You Need To Know!
- Why COVID-19 Vaccine Efficacy Does NOT Matter!
- Why Healthcare Workers Get Infected After Vaccination?
- Fact Check : China’s Guidelines For Sinovac Vaccine?
- Autism + Special Needs Q&A With Dr. Rajini Sarvananthan
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?