The AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccine booster doses have been approved in Malaysia!
Here is what we know so far…
AstraZeneca + Sinovac Booster Dose Approved In Malaysia!
On 17 November 2021, the Malaysia Drug Control Authority (DCA) agreed to give conditional approval for the use of the AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccines as booster dose in Malaysia.
Both AstraZeneca and Sinovac booster doses were approved for all individuals 18 years and above who received the same primary series vaccine.
This is homologous vaccination, the opposite of heterologous vaccination being carried out right now with Sinovac recipients receiving the Pfizer booster dose.
The DCA also announced the conditional registration of the AstraZeneca vaccine manufactured by SK Bioscience Co., Ltd. in South Korea. Malaysia has now approved three AstraZeneca vaccine manufacturers :
- AstraZeneca Nijmegen B.V., Netherlands
- Siam Bioscience Co., Ltd., Thailand
- SK Bioscience Co., Ltd., South Korea
How Will AstraZeneca + Sinovac Booster Dose Be Given In Malaysia?
The AstraZeneca and Sinovac booster dose will be given after these intervals :
- AstraZeneca : 6 months after Dose 2
- Sinovac : 3 to 6 months after Dose 2
While both vaccines have been approved as booster doses, it does not mean that everyone will get to receive them.
The COVID-19 Immunisation Task Force – Booster (CITF-B) will target specific groups to receive these booster doses, which will be detailed later…
- Are We Being Given EXPIRED Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Pfizer + Sinovac Vaccine Shelf Life Extended In Malaysia!
- COVID-19 Vaccine Expiry Extension : What You Must Know!
- Did Statistics Prove That COVID-19 Is NOT Dangerous?
- Did Pfizer Add Heart Attack Drug To COVID Vaccine For Kids?
Go Back To > Health + Science | Tech ARP