Here are the details of Round 2 of the AstraZeneca vaccine opt-in programme.
Get ready to register for your FREE AstraZeneca vaccination against COVID-19!
AstraZeneca Vaccine Opt-In Round 2 : Get Ready To Register!
On 17 May 2021, the National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, announced that round 2 of the AstraZeneca vaccine opt-in programme will kick off on 23 May 2021.
On 21 May 2021, he then announced that registration for the AstraZeneca Opt-in Round 2 will start at 12 PM on Sunday, 23 May 2021.
This second round will only be available to people 60 years or older in :
- Klang Valley : Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya
- Johor, and
- Kuching and Miri in Sarawak
However, those who were on the waiting list of Round 1 will still get appointments in Round 2.
The government will also send AstraZeneca vaccine doses to elderly care homes.
You will be able to book via the VaksinCOVID website, like the first round, as well as at community clinics.
Recommended : AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine : How To Register For It!
AstraZeneca Vaccine Opt-In Round 2 For Below 60 Years Old
Don’t worry if you are below 60 years of age. The government will allow you to register for Round 2 of the AstraZeneca Opt-In Programme after 26 May 2021.
They earlier announced that Malaysia will receive ONE MILLION DOSES this month through COVAX, so sign up when you get the chance!
AstraZeneca Vaccine : Is It Safe To Get?
Many people are worried about the risk of getting blood clots from the AstraZeneca vaccine.
The fact is – the risk is incredibly small – certainly much, MUCH smaller than the risk of developing blood clots with COVID-19, which can be as high as 41% in positive patients, and up to 95% in severe COVID-19 cases.
Blood clots can also develop (through different mechanisms) with smoking and the use of oral contraceptive pills (OCP).
We created this table to better demonstrate the risk to you.
severe COVID-19 cases
|Up to 95%||45,238X|
in COVID-19 cases
|Up to 41%||19,524X|
|Dying from COVID-19 Infection||0.25% to
|119X to 4762X|
|Thrombosis from OCP
|Up to 0.46%||219X|
|Thrombosis from Smoking||0.18%||85.7X|
|Thrombosis from OCP
|Up to 0.01%||4.8X|
So, is it safe to get the AstraZeneca vaccine that’s being offered to people age 18 years and above in Malaysia?
We can only tell you that the risk is exceedingly low. At most, 21 out of 1 million people who receive this vaccine will potentially develop this condition.
Based on the risk-benefit analysis performed by the EMA Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP), it is obvious that for a high-incidence country like Malaysia, the benefits far outweigh the risks.
More importantly, that we are aware of this particular side effect, both doctors and vaccine recipients can look out for the symptoms and quickly seek treatment.
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
Recommended : AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- Why This Man Received A FAKE COVID-19 Vaccination!
- Fake COVID-19 Vaccine Injection In Malaysia Debunked!
- Fact Check : New Deadly African COVID-19 Variant?
- Is COVID-19 Spreading Through Gas / Petrol Pumps?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Waiting List : Check For The Alert!
- Scam Alert : Toyota 80th Anniversary Celebration!
- Fake News Alert : Sinovac Vaccines For Selangor Residents!
- Ivermectin Can Prevent / Cure COVID-19? Not So Fast!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Second Dose Set At 12 Weeks!
- WTCKL Vaccination Centre : A Video + Pictorial Guide!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Can Pfizer mRNA Vaccine Cause Prion / Alzheimer’s Disease?
- When Can You Get Vaccinated After COVID-19 Infection?
- KRI Nanggala Submarine : Was Its Wreck Recovered?
- Did Salk Institute Prove Covid-19 Vaccines Cause Blood Clots?
- Did Dr. Rajendra Kapila Die From COVID-19 After Vaccination?
- AstraZeneca Vaccination @ Universiti Malaya : A Video Guide!
- AstraZeneca Vaccination Experience By Sharmine Ishak!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine In Malaysia : Is It Safe To Get?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clot Risk : How Dangerous Is It?
- Ryan’s Autism Journey – Be The Miracle!