If you are worried about the LOWER EFFICACY from the shorter AstraZeneca dose interval, consider this booster dose strategy!
Shorter AstraZeneca Dose Interval : Lower Efficacy Worries
Now, it is true that reducing the dose interval reduces the efficacy of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
|≥ 12 Weeks||81.3%||Baseline||60.3% to 91.2%|
|9 – 11 Weeks||63.7%||-21.6%||28.0% to 81.7%|
|6 – 8 Weeks||59.9%||-26.9%||32.0% to 76.4%|
|< 6 Weeks||55.1%||-32.2%||33.0% to 69.9%|
So why are health authorities reducing the dose interval?
That’s because the Delta variant is raging across the world, and a single dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine offers poor protection against it.
|1 Dose||2 Doses||1 Dose||2 Doses|
Now, let me share with you the booster dose strategy that could allay your fears of lower efficacy from the shorter AstraZeneca vaccine dose interval.
Booster Dose Strategy For Shorter AstraZeneca Dose Interval
First of all, do not panic about the lower vaccine efficacy from a shorter dose interval.
There’s no point in delaying the dose interval for higher efficacy, if you get infected before you have the chance to get the second dose!
If you are a young healthy adult who can work from home for 12 whole weeks, you can try delaying your second dose for higher efficacy.
But most of us probably don’t have that luxury, so sacrificing a little efficacy for earlier protection against the Delta variant makes sense.
The good news is you can always improve your protection against COVID-19, by getting a third booster dose later.
Now, I do not know if the health authorities will approve a free third dose, but COVID-19 vaccines will soon be available for sale.
As long as you are prepared to pay for this third dose – preferably an mRNA vaccine – you will be able to greatly improve your protection against COVID-19.
This is one way you can get early protection against the Delta variant, without worrying too much about losing vaccine efficacy from the shorter dose interval.
Of course, we hope that health authorities will look at implementing heterologous vaccination – mixing AstraZeneca with Pfizer for example – for better protection through only two vaccine doses.
- EMCO Police Roadblock List For KL + Selangor! (Unofficial)
- Why Delaying AstraZeneca Dose 2 INCREASES Efficacy?
- KL + Selangor EMCO / PKPD SOP : 1 July 2021 Edition!
- EMCO Declared For KL + Selangor : What You Need To Know!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : 9 Week Dose Interval In Malaysia!
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clots : What To Look For?
- Malaysia : No AZ-Pfizer Heterologous Vaccination For Now
- Is Ivermectin Prophylaxis Cheap? Here Is What It Really Costs!
- Did Delta Variant COVID-19 Infect 94 People Buying Durian?
- COVID-19 Delta Variant Can Infect In Seconds, But…
- Two Chinese Vaccines Less Effective Against Delta Variant
- Why Delta Variant Causes MORE Breakthrough Infections!
Go Back To > Health + Science | Tech ARP