The Malaysian COVID-19 vaccination programme is getting a boost with the delivery of all 12 million Sinovac vaccine doses by July 2021!
All 12 Million Sinovac Vaccine Doses To Arrive By July 2021!
It appears that the Sinovac vaccine will be the backbone of the Malaysian COVID-19 vaccination programme for the near future!
Sinovac just announced that the Malaysian order of 12 million doses will be fully delivered by July 2021 :
- 5,089,800 doses filled and finished by Pharmaniaga here in Malaysia
- 6,910,200 finished doses from the Sinovac factory in China
National Immunisation Programme Coordinating Minister, Khairy Jamaluddin, said that, based on the delivery schedule for June, they are confident that they will be able to vaccinate as many as 150,000 people in a single day!
To that end, the government is taking steps to open up even more vaccination centres across the country.
Sinovac COVID-19 Vaccine : A Quick Primer!
Sinovac CoronaVac an inactivated virus vaccine made from actual SARS-CoV-2 virus grown in Vero cells, and killed using β-propiolactone.
Once injected into the body, the antigens on the inactivated SARS-CoV-2 virus triggers the body’s immune system.
Pharmaniaga LifeScience imported 200 litres of the CoronaVac bulk vaccine, which arrived on 27 February 2021.
Once bottled, those 200 litres of bulk vaccine should produce over 300,000 CoronaVac doses – enough to vaccinate approximately 150,000 people.
The Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, Khairy Jamaluddin, said that the government is paying Sinovac less for the vaccine because bottling is done by Pharmaniaga.
However, he declined to disclose more information, so it is unknown how much the government is saving, once the costs of Pharmaniaga’s bottling and distribution are included.
Recommended : CoronaVac Vaccine By Sinovac : Your Questions Answered!
- 1 Million AstraZeneca Doses Coming, But No More Opt-In!
- LDV Syringe : How To Read The Volume Correctly?
- Failed To Get AstraZeneca 2.0? Check MySejahtera Anyway!
- AstraZeneca 2.0 Appointments Delayed But Will Come!
- Scam Alert : Herbal Visual Tea For Glaucoma / Cataract!
- Fact Check : Did Lim Kok Wing Die From COVID-19?
- Fact Check : Our Immunity Drops After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Can You Get The COVID-19 Vaccine With Other Vaccinations?
- Vaccine Underdose : What Should You Watch Out For?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine : Can You Ask For Earlier Second Dose?
- AstraZeneca Vaccine Blood Clots : What To Look For?
- Fact Check : US Withdraws After Chinese Jamming Attacks?
- Fake COVID-19 Vaccine Injection In Malaysia Debunked!
- Fact Check : New Deadly African COVID-19 Variant?
- Is COVID-19 Spreading Through Gas / Petrol Pumps?
- Fake News Alert : Sinovac Vaccines For Selangor Residents!
- Ivermectin Can Prevent / Cure COVID-19? Not So Fast!
- Can You Take Painkillers Before / After COVID-19 Vaccination?
- Dr Clo Disinfectant Sticks : Do They Work Against COVID-19?
- Why You Should NOT Reject The Vaccine You’re Offered!