The Samsung Galaxy S8 Review – Leaving Apple In The Dust!

Page 5 : Work Performance, Battery Life & Recharging Speed

Work Performance – PCMark

We tested the Samsung Galaxy S8’s performance using PCMark, which simulates work applications like web browing, playing video, writing text and editing photos.

Samsung Galaxy S8 Huawei Mate 9 ASUS ZenFone 3 Ultra HTC 10
Work Performance Score
6049 7593 6313 6105
Web Browsing 7261 8717 6257 5782
Video Playback 3799 4987 4287 3321
Writing 6936 7883 7166 7463
Photo Editing 6996 9702 8262 9694

The Samsung Galaxy S8 (Amazon | Lazada) is as fast as the Snapdragon 820-powered HTC 10 in work applications, but slower than the Huawei Mate 9 which is powered by the Kirin 960.


Battery Life – PCMark

We then tested the Galaxy S8’s battery performance using PCMark. It basically ran the PCMark work tests until its battery capacity dropped to 20%.

This is amazing. The Samsung Galaxy S8 (Amazon | Lazada) has a relatively small 3,000 mAh battery, but it lasts as long as the Huawei Mate 9 (4,000 mAh) and the ASUS ZenFone 3 Ultra (4,600 mAh). In fact, it lasts more than twice as long as the HTC 10, which has the same battery capacity!

[adrotate banner=”5″]


Battery Recharging Performance

The Samsung Galaxy S8 comes with an adaptive fast charger with a power output of 15 W. Take a look at how fast it recharged the 3,000 mAh battery.

It took the Samsung Galaxy S8 (Amazon | Lazada) just 87 minutes (1 hour 27 minutes) to recharge its battery from 18% to 100%. This is a battery life : recharging ratio of 8.4 : 1 – a truly amazing performance.

The fastest recharging happened up to the 85% level. This took just 57 minutes. Then the recharging speed slowed down, and it took a further 30 minutes to top up the remaining 15%.

Next Page > Gaming & Overall Performance, Our Verdict & Award


Support Tech ARP!

If you like our work, you can help support our work by visiting our sponsors, participating in the Tech ARP Forums, or even donating to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!